Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I was thinking of getting one of those seat hammock things, but I am worried about the doors too, I haven't found one that covers them. My GFs dog is very a very rambunctious 60 pound doberman... And the only way she is ever getting in my car is if I know nothing bad will happen...

Thanks!

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
kungfucat_700.jpg

epik_x

Addict
Jun 22, 2008
Elgin
I was thinking of getting one of those seat hammock things, but I am worried about the doors too, I haven't found one that covers them. My GFs dog is very a very rambunctious 60 pound doberman... And the only way she is ever getting in my car is if I know nothing bad will happen...

Thanks!

I had one of those hammocks for my car, I dont think anything that covers the doors exists, at least I cound't find anything. It worked pretty well, as soon as the dog got up I yelled for him to lay back down. This was a pitbull, and after a while he didn't really mind laying down.

Rae

Regular
Jan 27, 2008
Fox Lake
I think it's a good idea to have them strapped in some way or another, my fear is getting into an accident and having them get hurt, or running out of the car if I'm knocked out. I have little dogs, so what I use won't work for you, but one thing I do sometimes is put their leashes around the shifter so they can look out the passanger window (if I'm driving alone with them) and not jump out of the car. If your looking just for something to cover the seats though, with my old boxer I just used a beach towel and it worked fine.

BTW, bigger dogs bow down to my <10lb dogs :smile:

Last edited:

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
you know this is relevant to me too. this summer were prolly getting a puppy and ill wanna take him on car rides when hes a little bigger..

i could probably make something out of moving blanket material if i could find it, for the back seat and to cover the floor and door panels as well.. it wouldnt be too hard.

emerson, that hatchbag you posted. were you able to find a version for the usa ?

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I think it's a good idea to have them strapped in some way or another, my fear is getting into an accident and having them get hurt, or running out of the car if I'm knocked out. I have little dogs, so what I use won't work for you, but one thing I do sometimes is put their leashes around the shifter so they can look out the passanger window (if I'm driving alone with them) and not jump out of the car. If your looking just for something to cover the seats though, with my old boxer I just used a beach towel and it worked fine.

BTW, bigger dogs bow down to my <10lb dogs :smile:

i dont know if thats the greatest idea, couldnt they pull on the leash and shift you into reverse or downshift while driving?

i just bought a cheapo seat cover for the truck front seat, but i usually fold the back seat up and she just sits on the floor on the rubber mats.

Rae

Regular
Jan 27, 2008
Fox Lake
i dont know if thats the greatest idea, couldnt they pull on the leash and shift you into reverse or downshift while driving?

i just bought a cheapo seat cover for the truck front seat, but i usually fold the back seat up and she just sits on the floor on the rubber mats.

Maybe? Didn't think of that. My car's auto though so it's not as easy to move as stick. If the dog is really pulling I guess that could happen, their leashes are long so theirs plenty of slack room that just sits there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info