clutch

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
one day, my friend's car would start and die instantly. we finally concluded that it was the trans and took it into a transmission shop to get it checked out. after a day or so, we get a call from the shop saying that the clutch and flywheel had been welded together...:noes:

i've personally never heard of this or seen it, but it was a costly problem. anyone else ever heard of this happening? it was on a 3g eclipse, aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
my dads 51 chevy that were restoring, the clutch and flywheel rusted together, but as for welding together, only in top fuels as stated before, sounds like he got fucked by the shop

I don't think there is enough metal in the friction material to allow that(it is like brake pads, it contains many friction materials, including some metals).... and if it was welded, the car wouldn't even crank over without moving the drive wheels.....

I could see the clutch housing fusing to the fly wheel, but that shit is bolted together anyway

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
haha. well i saw it at the shop... it was pretty wild. and i was the one driving prior to this incident, and there was no slipping or hard driving.... it doesnt make sense. lol. it actually started acting goofy while i was driving. it stalled out when i was at a stop light so i pumped the clutch a little bit and it was fine after that.

02DyeFour

There can be only One...
Mar 13, 2008
Oak Forest/DeKalb
one day, my friend's car would start and die instantly. we finally concluded that it was the trans and took it into a transmission shop to get it checked out. after a day or so, we get a call from the shop saying that the clutch and flywheel had been welded together...:noes:

i've personally never heard of this or seen it, but it was a costly problem. anyone else ever heard of this happening? it was on a 3g eclipse, aftermarket clutch and flywheel.

ACK!! lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info