Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
vipermike2002 said:
Isnt that car supposed to be almost 4000 pounds? How does it run 11.7's?

Z06> GTR

"corvette eater" lol

4000lbs? :ugh: its gonna give the z06 a run. awd, 400+hp, too bad it isnt exactly the skyline i was hoping, looks wise...it was out lapping the new 911 and nissan went on record saying they wanted to out lap the carrera gt

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
vipermike2002 said:
Isnt that car supposed to be almost 4000 pounds? How does it run 11.7's?

Z06> GTR

"corvette eater" lol

some more info for you to ponder...official specs have dropped

The GT-R's twin-turbo 3.8L V6 will produce 473 horsepower and 434 ft-lbs. of torque. That's a bit more than the 450 HP many were anticipating, and we're guessing Nissan's official power rating is still a bit conservative, as well. 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds is awfully quick, and there are plenty of supercars out there with more power that can't hit that mark. All-wheel-drive, of course, aids the delivery of each pony to the pavement, while the only transmission available will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:ugh:

apparently NONE of you guys have read anything about the new GTR that i post...the exhaust manifolds and the turbine housings are cast as one piece (much like the srt4 setup). its designed that way to save space. it improves flow but its a douche bag design b/c you cant just buy a new turbo and slap it on. the gtr motor itself will be able to take a pretty substantial beating b/c if i recall, virtually everything inside is forged...modding this thing will yield great results

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
CrazyMook said:

apparently NONE of you guys have read anything about the new GTR that i post...the exhaust manifolds and the turbine housings are cast as one piece (much like the srt4 setup). its designed that way to save space. it improves flow but its a douche bag design b/c you cant just buy a new turbo and slap it on. the gtr motor itself will be able to take a pretty substantial beating b/c if i recall, virtually everything inside is forged...modding this thing will yield great results

TT Z06 > TT Nissan

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
vipermike2002 said:
CrazyMook said:

TT Z06 > TT Nissan

call me a ricer but this vid gets me off more than ANY z06 vid ever will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6128kbBvvV8

but this is referencing the rb motor, and now the new one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info