9.0 on spray

Sweet jesus

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0293.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I must say, I misread. He took his rear seat out and passenger, so I'll say close to 4750-4800lbs with driver. They are #145 savings. I'l see if I can find out exact weight, but still heavy as hell.

Doesn't really matter, that's still a heavy ass car man :rofl: I always wonder what a car like that could go for top speed since a stock one can break the 200mph barrier.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
That’s heavy as fuck. Props. I know what heavy feels like I drive a Tesla
Brick.

No secret I dislike hellcats but props where props are due.

I really hesitated with buying this car because of some of the cheap plastic interior parts because most of it is a 30K car with an awesome powertrain. The hellcats are "nicer" on the interior, but I almost went Jeep SRT because of nicer "stuff", no regrets after putting the go pedal down. You can't even look at the anything in the car just trying to keep it straight lol.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Deng, a 200 shot only got it .4 seconds faster?

I would think a 200 shot would shave off more than 4 tenths. Either way, 9.4 full weight is awesome.

at the mph he's going at I really wonder if he's hitting the point of diminishing returns aero wise. Then again it could also be power train loss or something else. At some point you have to lower the number of gears to get more out of the power level you're at IMO.

Still, absolutely insane for a car with so few mods. I mean you'd be talking something exotic to do this within my lifetime.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
at the mph he's going at I really wonder if he's hitting the point of diminishing returns aero wise. Then again it could also be power train loss or something else. At some point you have to lower the number of gears to get more out of the power level you're at IMO.

Still, absolutely insane for a car with so few mods. I mean you'd be talking something exotic to do this within my lifetime.

Pulling out weight is good for some significant ET. Not many do it though. The charger itself is the "faster" car top speed wise due to its aero.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Pulling out weight is good for some significant ET. Not many do it though. The charger itself is the "faster" car top speed wise due to its aero.

As a question, how much of the stuff is already done in terms of weight reduction? e.g. glass hood, trunk lid etc. Just wondering if there's really much to eliminate without getting into creature comforts like electronics, seats as you mentioned etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info