Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Of all the dumb fucking ideas :bowrofl:

https://jalopnik.com/this-mid-engine-8-2-liter-v8-199-acura-integra-sleeper-1830000130

As you might expect, throwing a giant iron-block V8—and a heavy subframe with a Cadillac suspension meant to provide a buttery-smooth ride—into the back of an Integra does cause a few issues.

I called Richard, the sales manager of Streetside Classics, the dealer selling the car, and he told me the car drives “horrendously.”

“It doesn’t handle very well...the weight ratios are just completely out of whack,” he told me. “We got it up to 40, and personally I didn’t have the balls to take it any higher.”

Part of the reasoning why he didn’t want to go much faster isn’t just the suspension, but also the fact that there’s no firewall between the driver and the engine

1bYSzHv.png

K3GTpdt.jpg

qpx9Gor.png

It’s worth noting that whoever wrote the sale listing on Streetside Classic’s website wasn’t quite as critical of the car’s driving manners, writing:
...thanks to the big Cadillac’s inherent smoothness and the gentle nature of the turbos, it is anything but tricky on the street. Lean into the accelerator and the car lunges forward like it was drop-kicked by God, but it doesn’t get out of hand. Some of the credit still has to go to Acura engineers for their rock-solid suspension tuning...

That last bit about suspension tuning is odd, because that’s clearly not an Acura suspension in the rear.

f6sXGq8.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
$27K um no. Whoever made this did it on a beer budget and wants champagne coin for it. I could see it being a lot more entertaining with an LS engine in the back that's all aluminum just to knock 250-300lbs off the weight. Roadkill has a mini truck with a 455 Olds in the back on the same transaxle. Was pretty cool although not insanely quick.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
This reminds me of something I would've tried to build from a hacked gran turismo 3 save file back in the day :rofl: Except mine would have had 3000hp, awd, and F1 tires that clipped thru the whole body of the car.

Now that I think about it, I'll have to see if I can build this car in Forza. Seems much safer than actually buying this rolling death trap.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I pretty much did that with a PT cruiser and a Viper engine. People just dont know there was a time when a game wouldnt allow you just swap parts out on a car willy nilly without altering the code in a laptop. The first time forza actually allowed you to do an engine swap IN GAME was revolutionary. :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I pretty much did that with a PT cruiser and a Viper engine. People just dont know there was a time when a game wouldnt allow you just swap parts out on a car willy nilly without altering the code in a laptop. The first time forza actually allowed you to do an engine swap IN GAME was revolutionary. :rofl:

Street legal racing redline is good for those kinda of silly things. Can hack the game and do really crazy things.

https://youtu.be/Ftt6TAc0LH8

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info