Air Freshener / Odor Eliminator

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
We use this stuff at work (part of our used car treatment kit). Seems to work pretty well.

Attachments

• AFB422B9-D4B7-4D88-B65F-459F68DC7402.jpg
    AFB422B9-D4B7-4D88-B65F-459F68DC7402.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 65

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Dryer sheets under the seats. Chances are you already have them, easily hidden or tucked away (unless you have a dog that likes to eat them) and they don’t make the car smell like a stripper wearing vanilla or jasmine perfume.

Work truck; whatever I can find that doesn’t smell like dirt or sweat. I’d like to find something a little longer lasting than the little trees.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
So - I have no clue if the previous owner of this Hyundai didn’t bathe or simply this car has had an odor since inception on the factory line.

Anyway, I’ve changed the cabin filter and tried dryer sheets. No dice.

Was thinking of an air freshener or I can simple put coffee grounds in a nylon sock and let the car smell like Dunkin

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I have an ozone generator that i bought years ago from some sketchy ass company on amazon.

one of my recent rental trucks- the ram- smelled like rotten milk and regret.... i plugged it in for several hours and it managed to get rid of a good amount of the smell.
I want to learn more about this. I want one to use in the house and trailer

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have an ozone generator that i bought years ago from some sketchy ass company on amazon.

one of my recent rental trucks- the ram- smelled like rotten milk and regret.... i plugged it in for several hours and it managed to get rid of a good amount of the smell.

Ozone is what I have used as well. I have removed cigarette smell out of 3 vehicles with it. Works awesome.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi

Yes. Ozone is absolutely crucial.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M518R0/?tag=tcg21-20

I don't remember it being that expensive, but I either have this one or their 3000 model. I am in the process of moving so I will find it eventually.

My process is long but has worked perfect every time. wipe all non cloth surfaces with simple green and vacuum really well. Turn this on in the middle of the vehicle with a window down about 2-3" for 45 minutes to and hour. During that time have the vehicle on and the vent system on closed to the vehicle varying defrost and face/feet options for 30 minutes of that process. Let the vehicle air out for 15 minutes. Set off this with the car sealed up. Turn vehicle on and do the same ventilation circulation procedure as above.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MEGUIAR-...nCT-NxUkhFIvAslOnvq_NX7QixmWfmWBoCOmYQAvD_BwE

Air the car out for 15 minutes, then wipe down all non cloth again with simple green. Then use the ozone the same way for another 45 minutes or so. Let it air out. Use some armor all or whatever interior protectant you like. When done air the vehicle out for the night. There will be the scent of the odor bomb for a week. After that, zero stink whatsoever.

I have done this on my truck, my wife's car, and my buddies SUV. All have zero smell of smoke and they all smelled like someone smoked in them 5 minutes before I was inside.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes. Ozone is absolutely crucial.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002M518R0/?tag=tcg21-20

I don't remember it being that expensive, but I either have this one or their 3000 model. I am in the process of moving so I will find it eventually.

My process is long but has worked perfect every time. wipe all non cloth surfaces with simple green and vacuum really well. Turn this on in the middle of the vehicle with a window down about 2-3" for 45 minutes to and hour. During that time have the vehicle on and the vent system on closed to the vehicle varying defrost and face/feet options for 30 minutes of that process. Let the vehicle air out for 15 minutes. Set off this with the car sealed up. Turn vehicle on and do the same ventilation circulation procedure as above.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/MEGUIAR-...nCT-NxUkhFIvAslOnvq_NX7QixmWfmWBoCOmYQAvD_BwE

Air the car out for 15 minutes, then wipe down all non cloth again with simple green. Then use the ozone the same way for another 45 minutes or so. Let it air out. Use some armor all or whatever interior protectant you like. When done air the vehicle out for the night. There will be the scent of the odor bomb for a week. After that, zero stink whatsoever.

I have done this on my truck, my wife's car, and my buddies SUV. All have zero smell of smoke and they all smelled like someone smoked in them 5 minutes before I was inside.

side note.

too much simple green smells like jaegermister

fact

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info