Opinions about Nissan 370z

Idoma

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Jun 13, 2012
Plainfield
Hello everyone! :wavey:
I figured that I would throw it out there and ask this awesome community of their opinions about the Nissan 370z. I have been researching and digging into things now for quite awhile and will be probably pulling the trigger on it sooner rather than later for the Mrs. I know that we have quite a diverse community of cars here so I was wondering were there any horror stories about your ownership of this amazing car? Anything that I should be worried about?

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I daily drove a base 370z for about 2 years. I got it with 27k miles on it. In the two years I had to have the a/c compressor replaced twice, the clutch went out once and the hydraulic throw out bearing went out once which meant the clutch had to be replaced again. Other than that I have very few complaints. It was a fun comfortable car to drive daily and with a good set of snow tire (which I still have if you want to pick some up for cheap) if drove through the snow great. I was able to drive out of my parents uphill curbed driveway. That’s about all I got for ya.

Idoma

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Jun 13, 2012
Plainfield
I daily drove a base 370z for about 2 years. I got it with 27k miles on it. In the two years I had to have the a/c compressor replaced twice, the clutch went out once and the hydraulic throw out bearing went out once which meant the clutch had to be replaced again. Other than that I have very few complaints. It was a fun comfortable car to drive daily and with a good set of snow tire (which I still have if you want to pick some up for cheap) if drove through the snow great. I was able to drive out of my parents uphill curbed driveway. That’s about all I got for ya.

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it. :h5: As for the snow tires, the Z wont see any snow. It will be a seasonal vehicle.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I've heard that s2000's are way better, just as fast and a lot more reliable.

Stock 370Zs run low 13s to high 12s at 107+mph. S2000s had trouble keeping up with my 350Z when it was stock (13.7@103mph).

After a few early growing pains the Z33 and Z34 platforms actually became pretty damn reliable. After a trans replacement (synchro issue) in the first year of ownership on my early build car I never had a problem that I didn't personally cause via modification and abuse.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
From what I read, Nissan stepped it up and fixed all the headaches and problems that they encountered during the 350 years. Did I miss something? :thinking:

The 370s (especially more recent builds) are rock solid. They aren't the fastest thing out there, but the drivetrain can take tons of abuse and they are as "analog" a sports car as you can still buy these days.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The VQ HR is a great engine and makes good power up top. Since the peak HP/TQ are higher up in the rev range though it does feel a bit weak on the low end. My G37x has been really reliable and VQ's are really bulletproof motors.

My only gripe with the powertrain is the 7 speed auto. It's slow to downshift and sometimes gets confused.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info