Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Same here.

I wonder how that was done. One guy flying and another guy manning the camera direction? A set up where the camera has a target that it follows? Multiple cameras that they edit together as one shot? Because that was pretty great following.

Actually, the way the camera rolls and pans makes it seem like its locked to a forward position on the drone.

I think its just one guy, with maybe a spotter letting him know about the objects near the drone the pilot can't see.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Actually, the way the camera rolls and pans makes it seem like its locked to a forward position on the drone.

I think its just one guy, with maybe a spotter letting him know about the objects near the drone the pilot can't see.

I watched it again and you are probably right. Watching it the first time I thought there were a couple of times it looked like the camera rotated. Like when it goes over the bridge. But watching it again I think you are right and it is just the drone changing directions.

Still pretty skilled as I don't see many videos of drones being flown like that. Especially so close to the action.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I watched it again and you are probably right. Watching it the first time I thought there were a couple of times it looked like the camera rotated. Like when it goes over the bridge. But watching it again I think you are right and it is just the drone changing directions.

Still pretty skilled as I don't see many videos of drones being flown like that. Especially so close to the action.

Have you ever watched any of the FPV Drone Races? Crazy acrobatics.

There is a whole racing league.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'm under the impression drones can do a lot of things themselves these days

i thought it would be cool to get some kind of follow me drone to make car or kart track vids cooler, although at the time i didn't think they could keep up, probably just fine with karts but cars still questionable even with enclosed track. although i don't think most places would allow it to fly around for fear of it falling onto the track for some reason and causing a ruckus.

sweet footage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info