anyone have per mile insurance? obd2 stuff?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i see allstate has some kind of plan with # of trips and an app when you tell it you are going places. i know others use obd2 and i assume record mileage? but certainly "events". all i know is i'm taking it in the butt now with my 2 cars at allstate and stellar sickmint79 driving record, i don't even know how both cars can cost so much. i work from home and if i ain't tracking don't drive all that far though, so the mileage based stuff seems enticing. about to start a quote o rama but wondering if anyone uses/likes mileage based stuff.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my other quotes seem better than my initial metromile one.

i had to call (annoying) cuz i had a prior quote started (a year ago) and the site was being dumb. on the phone i mentioned i'd pull the obd2 thing out, and my odometer may not match their data because i pull it out for track days. he said they can't do that and it would be a breach of contract. he said if you drove to mexico where they wouldn't cover you, that you still wouldn't be allowed to pull it out and they would still charge you for the miles driven.

i don't know how the obd2 device works, if it actually counts the number of pulls somehow or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• sickmint79
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list