Damn Rodents eating my Ford

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Guess I didn't have enough issues with cars lately. Had my wife bring in my Ford Escape as I noticed the Windshield Bottle was leaking and I had a light out. Figured everything would be under warranty in and out. Just got a call and they said the wires were eaten through and so was the Windshield washer fluid bottle. They also found all the inside wheel well sound deadner was all destroyed. Need a new WW bottle and wiring harness, lovely. Time for some laced Peanut butter.

The car gets driven every day but does sit outside. Any ideas to prevent this besides tying a cat to the truck?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
A couple of these, placed around the vehicle, will fix things up right;

m200.jpg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
A couple of these, placed around the vehicle, will fix things up right;

m200.jpg

but if the vehicle is outside, the bait will only attract more to the area.

they have sour apple spray for dogs to stop them from chewing on stuff, that might work for mice. or they may have a mouse specific spray. should be odorless just have a nasty taste.

could get a wall trap. no bait needed. is a cage with a hole on each side that you put up to the wall, they run in, but cant get out.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Maybe, maybe not. Sounds like there already is a problem. So, start some extermination, see how many you get on a daily basis and if it tapers off, then you know you're not getting more.

I had this issue in our house. I caught six in 2 days. Then 4, then 3, then 2... Now maybe once a month I will get a random stray one.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Honda makes a pepper laced tape. Wrap that around effected areas

May look into this for the future.

And where the hell do you live?

I live on 10 acres in the sticks and leave vehicles parked for a week with no issues

SW suburbs, not real close to any farms. It's kind of funny as every neighbor has a car in the driveway, guess mine was the tasty one. I also drive it everyday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info