Quieting down exhaust

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
So the Wife's '02 Mustang GT has Flowmaster 50's on it which apparently are too loud for her. I have to admit, they are kind of annoying.

So, I had some ideas on how to quiet it down.

1) Try Silencer Tip Inserts.
Has anyone ever used these? It seems like a cheap and easy way to reduce some noise, but not sure if they're effective.

2) Get new quieter mufflers and weld them in.
Except which ones? She wants it as quiet as stock, so which ones to get? I've been looking at Dynomax Ultra and Walker Quiet Flows. Any other suggestions.

3) Find someone who has a stock 99-04 Mustang exhaust system lying around in their garage that they'd be willing to part with.
So far I've had no luck in finding a stock system. Do any of you have a stock Mustang exhaust for an 02 or know where to get one?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
In a month or 2 I'll have stock GT mufflers I would give you. They're currently on my SHO and annoyingly loud, going back to stock mufflers ASAP.

Sounds good. Post back here when you have them off the car.
I assume they're Mustang GT mufflers that will fit a 99-04 (correct offset).

Normally SHO guys run the 05-10 GT Mufflers; not the 99-04's. [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION] Can confirm for that car, but I'm like 99% sure those are 05-10 mufflers.

I'd bet you'd have people tripping over each other to trade you for their stockers on the Chicagoland Mustang Club Forum.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
weld in some flowmaster 400cell high flow cats. My merc has been annoyingly loud...even with a Vibrant resonator but when that racoon I nailed on the road the other night on the way to work dislodged the resonator I Amazon'd the flow master.

Had Velasquez in West Chicago weld it in today for $50 and it eliminated ALL the drone that was there before and probably knocked the sound level down a good 10d.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Dynomax turbo mufflers are nice, or the bullet race mufflers as resonators I had a single 3' long ish bullet muffler as my only exhaust on my Grand Prix and it quieted it right down, if you have the ability to do some cutting and welding you can have my 16gt cat back it has resonators and stock mufflers on it and I'm not going to use it it's been sitting next to my garage taking up space and making me look like a hillbilly for a year now only had like 400 miles on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info