"Chevy shake" - 14-16 Chevy steering vibration?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Anyone else hear of this?

6a00d83451b3c669e201b8d1fbbd20970c-800wi

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/0...ke-brings-much-frustration-few-solutions.html

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...shake-is-affecting-pickup-trucks-now-too.html

More and More Customers Complaining About the 'Chevy Shake' - LS1Tech.com

Seems like there's a vibration/shake in the 2014-16 trucks that starts in the steering wheel but eventually gets bad enough to shake the entire cabin. Chevy knows about the issue, but has no fix yet.

It's a shame if its for real, because this truck was on my list to look at as possible replacement for the F350.

:wtf:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
What Exactly Is the Chevy Shake?

The issue, as detailed on various online forums and in dozens of complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, seems to revolve around GM's so-called K2XX platform that underpins the latest generation of full-size pickups and SUVs, including the Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra, Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, and Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV. Some owners complain about booming sounds in the cabin akin to driving around with the rear windows down. Some also complain about vibration inside the cabin, a sensation some say is amplified when the vehicle enters V-4 mode via the V-8's gas-saving cylinder-deactivation technology.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Seems like its reported across a bunch of outlets though... and has happened to quite a few folks.

They think it might be related to the magnetic ride possibly?

it's reported that much because everyone loves to beat the next outlet to the next potential vehicle manufacturer recall

reading the comments, it seems like a lot of people happy with their new gm trucks :rofl:

as i said, the three i know personally in my life couldn't be happier right now.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm rocking a 2016 Sierra Denali with the 6.2 right now. Let me head out and get er up to speed real quick and see if this one does it. I'm guessing not, considering these are mostly primped vehicles we test.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've heard low 14 high 13 quarter mile.

I've ran as fast as 14.3 in our testing, and that doesn't account for a 1-foot rollout you'll measure at a dragstrip, which can take as much as 3/10s off the ET. The truck is fast enough that it hits a speed governor before the quarter-mile. Perhaps the speed governor is that low because it will vibrate the bed right off at higher speeds :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info