The I want to wrap my car questions thread

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Hey bitches. My wife's i3 has an inferiority complex and decided to hit my Tesla on the way out of the garage. Damage is minimal, just missing paint on the bumper cover. No actual damage.

So I got a quote to re-paint it and it's $800. Not a fan. I'm thinking I may as well wait until the re-fresh retrofit bumper comes out.

I was actually looking for a silver car when I bought this but this deal was too good to pass up. So I'm thinking of having the entire car wrapped in silver vinyl.

Questions:

1. How much?
2. Would it be glossy like stock paint?
3. What's the maintenance like?
4. If my wife decides to hit it again would they just be able to peel the vinyl off that panel and re-wrap it?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
1. How much?

Usually a lot, like $2000+ easily to have it done properly.

2. Would it be glossy like stock paint?

If you get glossy wrap, it'll be glossy.

3. What's the maintenance like?

You have to read up on that, I'm sure there's a lot of things you have to avoid whilst cleaning it because it's pretty soft and will scratch easier.

4. If my wife decides to hit it again would they just be able to peel the vinyl off that panel and re-wrap it?

Yes, but it would probably cost nearly as much as painting it, wrapping a car is super labor intensive just like painting a car. Probably only about 1/3 of the labor of painting, but it's still pretty expensive to properly wrap a car.

In red.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
[MENTION=2057]nethingiwant[/MENTION]

THANKS Angela!!! [emoji1] Give Vindictive Vinyl (VV) a chance to help you. Im sure they can help you with colors, finishes, Avery vs 3M vs others, pros/cons, design, etc.

But yeah, Im the proud dad of my sons company (VV) and his artistry. PM me for more info or just reach out to him: Daniel Florek, [email protected], (office) 262-358-2626, (cell) 847-271-3421

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well there's a tiny nick on the rear bumper that's been driving me nuts too. So my total for both covers was $1400. I figured for $3000 if I could get it wrapped and have the color changed that might be the way to go.

Also, the more money that ends up in my trading account, the cheaper I get. I haven't touched it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well there's a tiny nick on the rear bumper that's been driving me nuts too. So my total for both covers was $1400. I figured for $3000 if I could get it wrapped and have the color changed that might be the way to go.

Also, the more money that ends up in my trading account, the cheaper I get. I haven't touched it.

But the door jams and under hood not matching is trashy on a car like that. This is something someone does with cheap car like a white Evo 9 or a C6Z that's red-ish or whatever colour that is.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
But the door jams and under hood not matching is trashy on a car like that. This is something someone does with cheap car like a white Evo 9 or a C6Z that's red-ish or whatever colour that is.

I'm not sure I'd care. I'm not the vein. I saw a wrapped Model S that I thought was painted and the guy opened the doors and I saw that it was white like mine. That's what really got my brain gears turning.

Do it right and paint it.

That's going to cost me more because I'm not going want to paint my bumper cover. I'm going to want the Facelift retrofit. That's basically a billion dollars because I'll also want the LED headlights. And once I have those I'll want to upgrade to a P85. The slope, it's so slippery.

Updated-Tesla-Model-S-Refreshed-Fascia-Comparison-to-Nosecone-Grille-1.jpg

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I'm not sure I'd care. I'm not the vein. I saw a wrapped Model S that I thought was painted and the guy opened the doors and I saw that it was white like mine. That's what really got my brain gears turning.

That's going to cost me more because I'm not going want to paint my bumper cover. I'm going to want the Facelift retrofit. That's basically a billion dollars because I'll also want the LED headlights. And once I have those I'll want to upgrade to a P85. The slope, it's so slippery.

Updated-Tesla-Model-S-Refreshed-Fascia-Comparison-to-Nosecone-Grille-1.jpg

You gotta pay for what you really want rather than settle for something else. Just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info