What happened to all the 93 octane?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I just noticed that the place I always fill up my car dropped from 93 octane to 92 octane.

Now 1PT is probably not going to make a huge difference to a regular production car. It will adjust and run safely just fine. But it kind of annoys me.

So i went on a search, and short of some stations that sell 100 octane (one off Roselle in schaumburg) and a BP slightly north of me in Buffalo Grove it looks like everything has switched to 92.

I am sad. :(

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I usually fill-up at Delta Sonic, they had the cheapest prices for 93 octane by like 15c/gal. And on my ST it always ran the most aggressive timing possible according to the Accessport.

But Delta Sonic no longer has 93, they show 92 on the pumps.

So i tried Thortons in EGV, 92 there.

I started to search around on the net and only found one verified station in Buffalo grove, and I know of the station on Roselle rd in Schaumburg that has the 100 octane gas.

Maybe I need to ditch DeltaSonic. I'll check at the Mobil across the street there.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
92? Id give anything for that extra point. :rofl: Best we get out here is a california piss 91. Theres a handful of e85 pumps scattered around but I dont even know where the nearest one is to me.
Same. The shell closest to me does have ethanol free 91 though.

But the truck gets 85 octane......no E on that, just 85 :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info