My dad needs a truck

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Since a lot of you guys seem to find the deals. Looking for a 15/16 F150 for my dad. Nothing fancy. 4 door, 2WD, and 5.0 are about the only thing he cares about. I think they all come with trailer hitches these days but he needs to tow their small camper and small horse trailer with it. My dads trucker handle is cheapskate so with that, he wants to spend no more than 30 grand.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/656333439/overview/

2016 Crew Cab 2WD 5.0L
-XLT Trim
-Rear E-Locker (necessary for a 2wd you plan on towing with IMO)
-Reverse Cam

Just a tick over 30k but shouldn't take much negotiation to hit 30. See David Dickey.

Just email that one to him. I really want him to just get one and keep it under warranty. His 2006 blew the motor with 126k but they never really took care of it.

Anyone know if leases are good on them? he doesn't drive much these days

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
that's awesome.

e-locker isn't even as necessary for towing as it is for snow.

I always picture the guys spinning tires on boat ramps in their 1wd vehiculars as my reason for advocating a locker as a 2wd must have.

And Rich, New > Low Miles Used. Truck pricing is fucked. My truck KBB's for within $2k of what I paid for it 16 months and nearly 40k miles ago...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I always picture the guys spinning tires on boat ramps in their 1wd vehiculars as my reason for advocating a locker as a 2wd must have.

mine engages far more often in the snow than pulling out boats.

come to think of it, i dont think mine has ever engaged pulling out boats... and most recently i pulled a 23' chaparral out of a rock/gravel boat launch at someones house.

but in snow. yeah. fucking thing goes a LOT to keep me moving or get me moving.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
oh yeah you have a G80, I like dem. This past weekend I had to tug a guys 2wd Ram 2500 up the ramp with 19' bass boat. Trailer tires fell over the ramp ledge he was spinnin for days when I pulled up.

ugh... and spinnin ain't winnin'. :rofl:

that shit happens to me im pushing the truck up the ramp with the boat :rofl:

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
ugh... and spinnin ain't winnin'. :rofl:

that shit happens to me im pushing the truck up the ramp with the boat :rofl:

engaged my locker, put that stretchy strap we have on his tow hook and the whole thing popped right out. Dude was really high and mighty on my 1/2 ton being too small to help too :picard:

I want him to get new. But he's only preapproved for 30k I guess

Since that truck is at my favorite sales dealer, Willowbrook Ford, See David Dickey. Dude is an absolute pleasure to work with so I wouldn't shy away from that $30k pre-approval.

i dont think so....

used truck prices are fucked.

a new ford something or gm, is going to keep probably at least 95% of it's value for the next 3 years

Currently experiencing this right now. New truck discounts keep your head above water for years to come.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
engaged my locker, put that stretchy strap we have on his tow hook and the whole thing popped right out. Dude was really high and mighty on my 1/2 ton being too small to help too :picard:

Since that truck is at my favorite sales dealer, Willowbrook Ford, See David Dickey. Dude is an absolute pleasure to work with so I wouldn't shy away from that $30k pre-approval.

Currently experiencing this right now. New truck discounts keep your head above water for years to come.

1500 wrecking crew checkin in.

and yeah new truck discounts are nuts. i want to be around 20k purchase price though personally right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info