Suggestions for BMW shop

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
There is a shop that I went to once and at the time didn't like how they operate when their is an issue. That was about 4 years ago with my previous 335xi. I don't know if they have improved or if that was isolated to me but they are rated well on yelp. You may have a better experience than I had. They were pushy for me to do their tune which would cost $1200 to fix an issue but it was due to them putting my o2 sensors in the wrong location since they are bank specific.

Fluid MotorUnion - 14 Photos - Auto Repair - 11965 S Aero Dr - Plainfield, IL - Reviews - Yelp

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I'll look them up but if they didn't take car of you properly I'll put them low on the list. I am looking for quality work, good prices and customer service. Otherwise I'll go to stealership...oops I meant dealership.

On a side note how do you like the 335's? I a new to German cars so did some research and saw the 335's were quick agile cars and was going to get a 335xi but the bid went too high for me with listed mechanical issues. I saw this one with minor body work and said I can learn off of this before I step into the big leagues. This one is body work only but battery dead and read all the horror stories online about blowing batteries, relays and damaging sensitive electronics so after trying to jump it off a fully charged spare battery and using a smart charger I am throwing in the towel before I start to smoke something lol

Any local BMW groups nearby?

There is a shop that I went to once and at the time didn't like how they operate when their is an issue. That was about 4 years ago with my previous 335xi. I don't know if they have improved or if that was isolated to me but they are rated well on yelp. You may have a better experience than I had. They were pushy for me to do their tune which would cost $1200 to fix an issue but it was due to them putting my o2 sensors in the wrong location since they are bank specific.

Fluid MotorUnion - 14 Photos - Auto Repair - 11965 S Aero Dr - Plainfield, IL - Reviews - Yelp

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Thanks I'll give him a call. No need for race work or tuning just someone who has access to factory system software that can check this out. Didn't know they had so many sophisticated systems in these cars.

Not sure what you want done, but the last time I was at Deans Performance he had a BMW race car that he was working ok. Hans does really good work and is a sponsor.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'll look them up but if they didn't take car of you properly I'll put them low on the list. I am looking for quality work, good prices and customer service. Otherwise I'll go to stealership...oops I meant dealership.

On a side note how do you like the 335's? I a new to German cars so did some research and saw the 335's were quick agile cars and was going to get a 335xi but the bid went too high for me with listed mechanical issues. I saw this one with minor body work and said I can learn off of this before I step into the big leagues. This one is body work only but battery dead and read all the horror stories online about blowing batteries, relays and damaging sensitive electronics so after trying to jump it off a fully charged spare battery and using a smart charger I am throwing in the towel before I start to smoke something lol

Any local BMW groups nearby?

I like the n54 cars and this is the 3rd n54 car I've had. They are pretty easy to work on and there are tons of diy's out there so that's why I like them. They do have issues and are not the most reliable but those things are easy enough to fix. When the cars are maintained right, they are great. Just be careful with the notion of "quality work" because I've seen some questionable things done by quality shops including dealers that got me to the point where I'll work on my own cars anymore. I'm not a mechanic but with enough tools and information out there it's not hard to figure it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info