2000 GMC sierra rear end issue

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Went out Xmas shopping with the miss in the truck tonight and had to accelerate quick off a stop sign. When I went to pull into a parking spot, I got a pretty scary binding and slight hopping from the rear. Now when I had my locker on my old jeep this would happen cause I pulled the spider gears and replaced with a mechanical locker, but I am not sure if something dislodged in the G80 out back on the GMC.

I straightened it out and did another turn and it was still binding, so I naturally did a minor brake torque burnout( on wet pavement, VERY minor) and all was well again.

do we chalk it up to something just didnt seat right after I spun the tires initially or should I be looking up a rear end kit/ axles for the truck to replace cause I dont need it grenading on me come snowfall?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
My g80's always "bind" on sharp parking lot speed turns. Cucv did it and Silverado does it. Haven't driven with the 14 bolt g80 yet but guessing it's the same. Just the nature of a mechanical locker.

Pretty sure when they break they go boom and you'll know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info