1967 Plymouth GTX

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
440 auto on the column
I had this car since 1995. Had it repainted, motor rebuilt, and some of the interior redone.
I drove the car a little bit right around 1999 when I graduated high school. I got some tickets and the car has pretty much sat since then. I got it up and running last year but it just wasnt fast and handled like an old car. So I just sold it this week. I will probably regret it in 10 or 20 years.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Great looking ride. Do you -

giphy-11.gif

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I would have sold the 99 z28 and made that sexy thing handle and drive better, but hey whatever floats your boat man. Did you list it for sale here? My dad would have loved that thing.

I know you dont get out what you put into cars but the 5-10k I would of dumped into it making it more resto mod I think would have devalued the car more then it sits stock. I had the car on eBay and Craigslist.

It sold to a dealer in South Carolina. He got a deal but it had been for sale for almost two months and I didnt want to wait till spring just to maybe make a little more money. I had 3 people come look at the car in the last three weeks. One guy offered me 7k and the other two never even gave me an offer. Some old guys are picky and it was time to sell.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I know you dont get out what you put into cars but the 5-10k I would of dumped into it making it more resto mod I think would have devalued the car more then it sits stock. I had the car on eBay and Craigslist.

It sold to a dealer in South Carolina. He got a deal but it had been for sale for almost two months and I didnt want to wait till spring just to maybe make a little more money. I had 3 people come look at the car in the last three weeks. One guy offered me 7k and the other two never even gave me an offer. Some old guys are picky and it was time to sell.

Yet you didn't post it anywhere on here...?

Oh, you sold it for more than 7k. Misread. Still. Exactly what I've been looking for. :fu:

Bets on dealer selling it for double what he paid.

Z

Zenagain

I don't even know you and I already miss your car.

I sold my '69 428 Mach 1 in 1994 just to pay bills. Looking back, I might be better off if I just killed the family....

You'll likely never have anything like her again and looking back will hurt more and more over the years.

A plain old ratty Camaro over THAT piece of artwork? Yeah, no. Not a call I could have made. I wish I would have had a chance to see the want ad and buy her. The car wasn't the problem, your advertising technique WAS.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
i reread your 1st post... i graduated HS in 2000... I wish you would have consulted the TCG faithful... I think alot of guys would have told you to at least think about it over the winter.

I bought my 98 when I was 20...I would never get rid of it because it's worth more to me than what i could sell it for. It did not stop me from wanting a classic.

the 77 i have is nothing compared to your car but there's something about cruising around in a 4 spd with a carb.

sure my 98 puts it to shame but it was a classic... and a clean mopar on top of it.
not trying to make you feel bad but damn, the car looked good

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I dont know maybe I should of plated it and drove it but I dont have much free time in the summer and it needed more work to get it where I would want to drive it around. I have been under some pressure to sell this car for a while since I wasnt using it. We will see how I feel about it as time passes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info