so...thinking of a mazda now

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Since the Subaru idea is a no go. Im now looking at the mazda 3s. Either the sport or the touring. Has the 5 door that Im looking for, space, and a little sporty edge to it. Only thing is its not AWD. But starting at $19k its very doable. Its ranked one of the top10 best cars of 2015. The sport has mpg at 23 city, and touring up to 35 mpg. Thats awesome compared to my awful 14mpg daily I have now. Leasing it would be between 199 and 299 a month for 36 months which is fine by me. Anyone open to suggestions, remakrs, or advice?

2016-Mazda-3-hatchback_1_lg.jpg

2016-Mazda-3-hatchback_12_lg.jpg

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I went in for a 3, came home with a 6. Drive both. The 6 is way bigger, a lot more comfortable, especially on the highway, with no penalty at the pump, for about the same price. The 3 I was looking at actually would have been more expensive then the 6. The dealers were willing to discount the 6 more than the 3.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I have the 2012 skyactiv 3. I get consistent 33mpg with out even trying. Wish the 2.5 liter was an option though :( .

So far I love mine, been super reliable, manual transmission shifts real nice, with snow tires it goes through just about anything I have encountered.

Mazda just sent me the literature for the new Miata again. Need to test drive one soon.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I really wish they made a 6 with over 250 hp.... I know they are about economy but that car is so sexy and it pisses me off it only has 180 hp...

I mean shit toss the 2.7 ecoboost in there and I will buy one right away

I've got a buddy with a newer Mazda 6...it feels stronger than 180 HP to me...but still, I'm with you, sort of disappointing that there is only the one option. Mazda was supposedly working on a diesel option, but couldn't get the diesel engine certified in the US

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Thanks for the input guys! I feel better going with the Mazda than Subaru. They say the 2017 model may be turbo and awd. But I'll be happy with just the current model. And about the awd and winter tires, I can definitely go get some winter tires then. I never experienced driving with them on. Anyway I'll keep looking at stuff about the 3 and take a look at the 6 too. Anyone know reps at a dealership?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info