Chicago junk yards wheel removal

chicagochuck

Sep 2, 2015
Have you ever been to a junkyard? Most cars are already jacked up on/wheels off the ground.

My question is does anyone know if they provide a removal service?? That's my question bro. No need to be rude. I don't see that as a stupid question, considering I don't live next door to a junkyard and cant call them directly. So I thought why not ask these guys...Maybe you don't understand what I'm asking.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Your point about the wheels being off the ground make more sense. It would be tricky to get them off when they spin.

Most of the time they are only being held on by one of two nuts that are barely on. If on tight, I think a cordless impact is the only way.

If the wheels & tires are good, they stack them inside and charge good money.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
bring a breaker bar and socket from 17 millimeter to 7/8 inch whatever your lug nut targets are and grab one for either side of it...and then find a bolt that will fit inside the rotor vane drop it in and which the remake a rotor up against the caliper and bracket and it will no longer turn as you loosen the lug nuts.
often you'll find the perfect bolt somewhere on the ground nearby

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info