Added a Subaru to the stable

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Looked at a lot of piles of shit before finding this gem. One Impreza we looked at actually had rusted seat frames and mold on the carpet of just one side. C'mon.

Always wanted a Subie as a winter beater so when the wife needed a commuter this was an easy pick with its 36 mpg highway rating, AWD for city use, spaciousness, plus Top Safety Pick and Bluetooth, USB, heated seats, etc. 28,000 miles 2.0 Premium, regular oil changes, all work done by one dealer, single owner and as clean as new.

Bought it at Evanston Subaru. Great experience and they beat my bank's interest rate.

I'd like to add the 2.0 Sport's body work, and plasti-dip the cheap plastic chrome grille. Maybe add factory fog lights.

And IT'S NOT PURPLE. It's Deep Cherry Pearl. Get it right.

01.jpg

04.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
2012, first year of the redesign. I driven some real awful press car rattle box Imprezas, but this one is solid. No rattles at all. And the stereo is better than I remember. Will have to keep an eye on oil consumption over the first few months. That's a problem that plagued some early cars and Subaru started replacing rings.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Without a CVT this car wouldn't get nearly as good fuel economy. There are good ones and bad. Subaru's isn't horrible and most people wouldn't even notice it has a CVT. Car guys would recognize instantly. Nissan makes the most seamless CVT. the new Maxima's is insanely refined and responsive. Honda does it well now too. There's no such thing as a sporty CVT, though. Even if someone promises one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info