4Runner or FJ Cruiser?

kiskash

Aug 3, 2015
Finally time to move on from a '96 Range Rover. Kinda picky about the 4Runner style changes over the last 12 or so years, but I love what you can get for the $. I've got a family dealer connection, so I stopped by to check out an FJ on a whim (dealer tax sucks!). Kinda crazy claustrophobic sitting in there, but it's a nice looking Tonka truck.

Anyone ever own both and can compare? I've been a Range Rover and Grand Cherokee owner myself.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
wonder if this is really true or just anecdotal evidence. would be interested to hear exactly what happened over there...

Most, if not all of the Japanese manufacturers were struggling during the 2008 economic downturn. Honda and Toyota showed pretty marked decreases in initial quality ratings and extended reliability ratings. Then the tsunami hit, and it just got worse. The country was in shambles, and their manufacturing was hit really hard. Take a look at some articles that were written during that time, as I remember, that whole thing was pretty well documented.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info