Hey CTC DEEZNUTS, step in!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
What's your opinion of the AMSoil Bypass filtration systems on the PSD's?

I know two guys running them, one's a 7.3 with 580,000 miles doing 35,000 mile intervals.. other is a 6.7 with 320,000 doing 50,000 mile intervals. What have you seen/experienced with these? I put about 40,000-50,000 a year on my vehicles, now that I'm down to one truck, I need it to last. What are some good longevity upgrades? Oil filtration and fuel filtration are at the top of my head...

[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

For the record, I'm not doing this to save money and avoid changing the oil... I'm doing it from a longevity of the powertrain aspect.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The 6.4 and 6.7 are not like the HEUI 6.0 and 7.3. In that aspect they treat their oil a fuck ton better than. Anything HEUI I recommend the highest level of synthetic but nothing more than 5k miles. Common rail motor such as yours, the oil just sees base oil pressure, basically below 100 psi, so your oil isnt getting sheered by 3500 psi like 6.0 and 7.3.

But you now have to watch out for fuel contamination. Number one killer of today's engine's is fuel dilution. The regen process throws raw fuel into the cylinder to be pumped into the downstream. The raw fuel helps the regen happen. Problem is there will always be some fuel getting passed the rings. You cant filter out fuel, even with bypass 2 micron, it's not a.particle, it's a fluid. You really want to triple your drains? Then your tripling your gains my nigga....

Simple, drain that shit @ rec drain interval or 1k below if it makes you feel better... the 6.7 is now a spin on cartridge type filter, cut that bitch open, it'll be clean

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I had the bypass dual bypass on mine for a year or so before I realized it was useless since oil was getting abused anyway. I do admit it did clean up the bitch alot but now it just sits on my frame rusting away... not good for HEUI motors at all

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
35,000 mile intervals............. Um, yea! NO!

Change oil and filters regularly and make sure it's always full of oil. I service my small in city trucks that take 13qts at 6k.

You can say that... but, he has blackstone test it and it comes back good every time.... I'm not doubting what you guys are saying, but, when I see a 600,000 mile truck with no issues on its original motor, gaskets etc. It makes you wonder...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What's your opinion of the AMSoil Bypass filtration systems on the PSD's?

I know two guys running them, one's a 7.3 with 580,000 miles doing 35,000 mile intervals.. other is a 6.7 with 320,000 doing 50,000 mile intervals. What have you seen/experienced with these? I put about 40,000-50,000 a year on my vehicles, now that I'm down to one truck, I need it to last. What are some good longevity upgrades? Oil filtration and fuel filtration are at the top of my head...

[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

For the record, I'm not doing this to save money and avoid changing the oil... I'm doing it from a longevity of the powertrain aspect.

LS Swap

/Thread

:s00ls:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The 6.4 and 6.7 are not like the HEUI 6.0 and 7.3. In that aspect they treat their oil a fuck ton better than. Anything HEUI I recommend the highest level of synthetic but nothing more than 5k miles. Common rail motor such as yours, the oil just sees base oil pressure, basically below 100 psi, so your oil isnt getting sheered by 3500 psi like 6.0 and 7.3.

But you now have to watch out for fuel contamination. Number one killer of today's engine's is fuel dilution. The regen process throws raw fuel into the cylinder to be pumped into the downstream. The raw fuel helps the regen happen. Problem is there will always be some fuel getting passed the rings. You cant filter out fuel, even with bypass 2 micron, it's not a.particle, it's a fluid. You really want to triple your drains? Then your tripling your gains my nigga....

Simple, drain that shit @ rec drain interval or 1k below if it makes you feel better... the 6.7 is now a spin on cartridge type filter, cut that bitch open, it'll be clean

I had the bypass dual bypass on mine for a year or so before I realized it was useless since oil was getting abused anyway. I do admit it did clean up the bitch alot but now it just sits on my frame rusting away... not good for HEUI motors at all

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Opinions are one thing, actually stating the facts about the high pressure/low pressure oil differences is the type of info I was looking for.

It'll eventually get deleted, but, not for a while.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
If he stays stock it's just a matter of time before somethings wiped out thanks to regen.

Roll the dice, Delete it, kiss warranty good bye, or buy extended warranty and pray they won't find a reason to not cover it

Well I'm saying why would a stock ass 6.7 pop? I thought you hated the 6.7 because of how reliable they were which lead to no work for you.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Their looking very good right now, they worked most of the bugs out early on in the cab and chassis trucks but with a combination of misinformed drivers, poor driving habits, and regen process, it's just a matter of time. It's not just failures from oil side it's fuel system and coolant also.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
6.4 fuel system replacement cost is around $11k. 6.7 fuel system is about $17k... something to look at down the road. .. and ford will find reason to suspect fuel contamination and stamp VOID on your papers with the cab in the air and engine in 38464 pieces.. then what are you gunna do?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Their looking very good right now, they worked most of the bugs out early on in the cab and chassis trucks but with a combination of misinformed drivers, poor driving habits, and regen process, it's just a matter of time. It's not just failures from oil side it's fuel system and coolant also.

What were the misinformed driver errors lol? Whatever I can do to keep this fucker alive, I'm all ears.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info