Today I learned... BMW content inside. Avoid if you can't handle nutswinging!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My car has launch control. Launch control! How cool is that. If you get the sport transmission you get launch control. Better yet, it doesn't suck to use. For instance, the M5 had a comically long list of instructions for enabling launch control and even then it was completely neutered for the US market. Here's how to engage it if you're interested and I know you are.

1. Switch the gear selector to manual mode.
2. Select S5 (firmest shifts)
3. Press the "Power" button to switch the drivetrain for 400hp mode to 507hp mode.
4. Press the traction control button
5. With all of this done, you now have an option to switch shift firmness up to one more level: S6.
6. Press the button to select S6.
7. With your foot on the brake, press and hold the gear selector forward.
8. While still holding the gear selector forward, take your foot OFF the brake and press the throttle to the floor.
9. Take a short nap.
10. Release the gear selector to go.

Seriously, who can remember all this? :rofl:

And all that for an anemic 1500rpm launch on US spec cars (4000 on Euro cars).

They made it so easy on the new cars that I found it by accident. I was in sport+ mode and decided to brake torque it because hey, warranty amirite? Then the words "launch control" and a picture of a flag pop up on my dash and it sits at 3000rpm. I let off the gas and boom, it's off. How cool is that? Talk about a badass accidental find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEot7XHrcb0

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info