Qa1 Front Spring Question

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So I just picked up front Qa1 F series single adjustable shocks with the 325 lbs front spring due to my vehicle being full weight. My question is that I have been reading around and a lot of people say the 325 spring is really stiff and not ideal for drag racing vs say the 300 lbs spring or the really loose 275 lbs spring. Has anyone run the 325 lbs spring on the qa1 shock and have it be ok? Can the car be adjusted lower than stock monster truck height on that spring?

So [MENTION=3559]School Boy[/MENTION] I believe your also Tony at speed inc??? If so you guys are going to be installing them as you know. Is lowering the car on that spring a problem? What say you!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I am Nick at Speed Inc. Tony is our service manager and handles all the scheduling.

I think you will be fine with the 325lb spring. They are usually ran with an iron motor that has a bit more weight but I think you will be still be fine.

Ah ok I get everyone confused and screen names are hard to tell so I guessed.

Its still a full weight car in the front so at least it has that. Will you still be able to lower the front end like an inch or so with these springs and still get a decent launch>?

Also would you recommend me purchasing new front strut/shock top mounts for the front for this

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Awesome thank you for the help and piece of mind. I was hoping that I didn't make the wrong choice spring wise. I know we ran a 275 spring on the SS camaro and it was scary low even after being adjusted. It could hardly Hold the front end up.

I will order a set of new stock strut mounts today. See you in a few weeks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info