Who needs help wrenching in the McHenry/Lake County area?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
It's WRENCHING SEASON!!!!

Ok, so I am about to wrap up a Jeep Wrangler project here soon once I recover enough from my surgery to do the finishing touches, and then I will be doing a cage in another Jeep with some other fab work. After that, I will not have any huge projects that I plan to be tackling this summer; so I need to get my wrenching and fabrication fix somehow!

If anyone near me plans to do any wrenching, design, fabrication, welding, or EFI tuning work on their car in the next few months then let me know if you need a hand; whether it be for a road car or offroader. This especially applies to the younger folks who are new to modding and may not know where to begin, or are hesitant to ask for help out of fear of looking like a newby. I am not exactly going to build you a full roll-cage, put together your longblock for you while you watch me and drink a beer, or completely custom tune your ride per se, but I will lend a helping hand if you need to design a part, tweak your tune/do some logging; weld a few things together, cut some metal, install some headers, wire or program a nitrous system, do turbo stuff, etc. I just like doing this shit, and happen to bring a bit of experience to the table when it comes to things mechanical and electrical in nature. It also doesn't hurt to build the TCG community a little stronger, even if I do act like a dick to some of you every now and then. :s00ls:

Feel free to post here or PM me. Take care and see you guys out and about! :bigthumb:

P.S. You bring/supply the beer!

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It's WRENCHING SEASON!!!!

Ok, so I am about to wrap up a Jeep Wrangler project here soon once I recover enough from my surgery to do the finishing touches, and then I will be doing a cage in another Jeep with some other fab work. After that, I will not have any huge projects that I plan to be tackling this summer; so I need to get my wrenching and fabrication fix somehow!

If anyone near me plans to do any wrenching, design, fabrication, welding, or EFI tuning work on their car in the next few months then let me know if you need a hand; whether it be for a road car or offroader. This especially applies to the younger folks who are new to modding and may not know where to begin, or are hesitant to ask for help out of fear of looking like a newby. I am not exactly going to build you a full roll-cage, put together your longblock for you while you watch me and drink a beer, or completely custom tune your ride per se, but I will lend a helping hand if you need to design a part, tweak your tune/do some logging; weld a few things together, cut some metal, install some headers, wire or program a nitrous system, do turbo stuff, etc. I just like doing this shit, and happen to bring a bit of experience to the table when it comes to things mechanical and electrical in nature. It also doesn't hurt to build the TCG community a little stronger, even if I do act like a dick to some of you every now and then. :s00ls:

Feel free to post here or PM me. Take care and see you guys out and about! :bigthumb:

P.S. You bring/supply the beer!

I found a couple of quarter sized holes have developed in my passenger floor pan near the rocker area :tear: Choices are to either patch the spots with sheet metal and body glue after a thorough cleaning, or to cut the section out and replace it with a similarly shaped section of sheet metal. Not sure the car is worth full floor pans to me. Might have to get in touch when I'm ready to fix that stuff.

I need to put SFC's on the car and the floor needs to be straightened out for that, whats the use of welding SFCs to bad metal. I'm also not sure what would happen to the unibody if I fed over 400rwhp to it without the SFCs. :noes:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I've got some Pistons to replace at my work. I'll give you half my hourly rate for the work as long as I get to sit there throwing things at you and yelling expletives

I wrench with folks, not for them. ;) Besides, you didn't say the magic word........BEER! :eek:hyea:

You must not turn wrenches for a living... kudos to you sir..

Nope, nope, nope, nope, though my experience would humble many a master technician or metal fabricator. My greedy ass prefers to be on the white collar side of the tracks. I wrench for the enjoyment, to make sure the job has been done 100% right and, since I'm being honest, because I am too cheap to pay someone else to do it. ;)

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I found a couple of quarter sized holes have developed in my passenger floor pan near the rocker area :tear: Choices are to either patch the spots with sheet metal and body glue after a thorough cleaning, or to cut the section out and replace it with a similarly shaped section of sheet metal. Not sure the car is worth full floor pans to me. Might have to get in touch when I'm ready to fix that stuff.

I need to put SFC's on the car and the floor needs to be straightened out for that, whats the use of welding SFCs to bad metal. I'm also not sure what would happen to the unibody if I fed over 400rwhp to it without the SFCs. :noes:

No worries. When the time comes just send me a PM and I will see what I can do. I have welded SFC, torque arms, and other structural members before on street cars and offroaders. Just make sure things are prepped well before driving over. :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info