Anyone ever have issues with ford paint and the dealer?

CVPI

Jul 10, 2008
After I did a nice cleaning on the car today, I am seriously ready to just get a lawyer at this point.
Long story short, I accepted the car at delivery under the premise that they would fix a few spots on the car, Scratched trim, and dirt under the paint, The car had 30something miles when I accepted it. They repainted it, ended up having dirt under, scratched a few panels up, put a nice big chip in the hood, and put a couple hundred miles on my car in the process. Either way, this is how my car has been left after many trim pieces replaced ect....

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

That is the rear bumper and that is clearcoat bugeyeing and dirt under the BASE coat, not the clear
7b028814-dde9-43d2-b00c-b834ac1ed17a.jpg

Rear Hatch , dirt under paint in red

IMG_0636.jpg

This is a chip on the drivers side A pillar from them removing and installing trim that was scratched on my car. This INFURIATES me to be honest.

e325fa19-19f4-4151-ad68-b7d7da378d7f.jpg

This is a "Chip Repair" from a chip they caused in my hood. Great repair.

IMG_0617_1.jpg

Scratched glass from trim install.

IMG_0587.jpg

Trim scratches from removing the trim.

And, the drivers trim AFTER it was replaced
IMG_0634.jpg

Just a bit ticked and I needed to vent. Sorry, just ticks me off. My car is only 4 months old and has been molested and I REALLY love my car, but this stuff is driving me crazy. I am a paint and detail freak and bought this car as a toy / borderline show car. This ticks me off. The plastic is still on the seats and the dealer has driven my car as many miles as I have. GAH.

I am not kidding when I said I am obsessed by keeping my car immaculate.

bba561e7-27a0-4541-8dcd-e9915979f99a.jpg

I am really worried about the moisture under the paint and corrosion.

CVPI

Jul 10, 2008
I know it is just a focus ST, but it is MY focus ST, and it is an enthusiast car. I just want my car 100%. I tried to raise hell, but the dealer stated the paint was acceptable. Ugh. I have a feeling someone was beating on it at the dealer too from the rubber stains on the doors I had to wash off.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
The first two pics are what I have come to expect from factory paint. It sucks but 95% of buyers wont notice so it goes on. The rest are easier to see in your pics and shouldnt ever be on a new car.
I would schedule an appointment with the manager or owner if you can there and show them your car. If that doesnt work post your pics everywhere.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Go raise hell. That is absolutely unacceptable.

Raising a stink on forums has worked in the past. Totally serious, not being sarcastic. It doesn't matter if it's a base model fiesta, you bought a new car, it should be in new condition.

Dude i would raise hell, my bro went through similar crap with audi and they pretty much gave him a new paint job and a bunch of other shit. He actually sent an email to corporate and heard a response the same day..

The first two pics are what I have come to expect from factory paint. It sucks but 95% of buyers wont notice so it goes on. The rest are easier to see in your pics and shouldnt ever be on a new car.
I would schedule an appointment with the manager or owner if you can there and show them your car. If that doesnt work post your pics everywhere.

File a complaint with corporate and give them info.

100% file a complaint

Definitely file a complaint through Ford. That is some bullshit.

All of this.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Working at a dealer I can give you my perspective. All the chips and marks from the trim replacements are unacceptable. As far as minor swirls and shoddy paint repairs..... Good luck getting help from a lawyer. I can say if you bought the car from us that we would fix it correctly, but as far as a court is concerned, a repaired chip or minor scratches don't take away from the value of the car, therefore they are not anything you can get money or sue for.

Ultimately it may come down to them needing to buy the car back and you getting a different one. We just had a truck with a similar issue. The paint on the hood had some dirt and we had it repainted. Well it came back from the paint shop worse. Then they tried to buff it out and it looked better but then the paint didn't lay the same as the rest of the truck so no matter how good they made it, it just never matched in the light. GM eventually bought it back and the guy got a new truck. The old one? It likely got put on another lot where a less discerning customer was none the wiser and likely just got a great deal on a "buyback" truck.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
One of the reasons I don't have my rock chips fixed on my car is because I know it will be worse looking when I get it back.

When purchasing , for you to accept a car with damage was the wrong thing to do . And for wanting car to be repainted is a bad idea especially on a brand new car .

How did they end up putting hundreds of miles on your car ?

CVPI

Jul 10, 2008
Well ford cs contacted me back and said that they want me to bring it to another dealer with an in house bodyshop. They said they are not liable for the work the other dealer did improperly but he will see what he can do. So pretty much I might be sol on the trim damage, glass, and scratches to the inside of the hatch. I am going to let this play out before I lose my shit.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
That install is for sure unacceptable. However I can tell you that Ford could give 2 shits about their customers. We have had to deal with them on a few ocasions when it came to issues with Ford's covered under B2B that had one of our GMPP policies on them. (Ford vehicle traded in at a chevy dealer then resold)

Basically Ford told us to pound sand that they do not cover rental or any travel expenses for customers who break down away from their home. And that rental is never covered by any of their warranties.

So they are basically saying thanks for spending 20-60 grand on a new car. Go F yourself now. I would try to see if they would take the vehicle back honestly because it will never be perfect again.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly that may be the best route if they would consider it for you. I know we do it at GM under certain circumstances. Better to put you in the same vehicle and make you happy then have you drive this one you are mad at and tell everyone shitty stories on Ford. And probably ultimatly trading it in at a competior

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Sadly a lot of companies bend over backwards in certain situations. I bet if this was a new GT500 this would have been handled differently. Hell even at GM when I had my Volt I was taken care of in a whole different light compared to my cruze. I had my own Volt advisor for any issues, rental cars were always another Volt, and I would get 2 follow up calls after service to make sure I was happy.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I totally agree with you. However on paper it's a focus compared to let's say a 70 grand sports car or king ranch diesel truck to them. For them they will want to make those customers happy because they just spent a ton of money on a car or truck that's not an easy sell for most. However that dealer may just see it as a focus that could be flying off the shelf so they don't feel the need to dip into their pockets

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info