YouTube Chris Harris on Cars - Porsche Cayman GT4

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Cayman > 911.

The more Porsche works on the Cayman model, the better it gets. I know they work hard to make the 911 the best as its the flagship, but it just seems like the Cayman is the drivers car to beat.
I love 911's but I've always thought they've been so unconventional from an engineering perspective. Rear engine facing backwards in a 2+2 configuration. They've obviously had problems with oversteer and inexperienced drivers killing themselves in the past. (Even recently too, ryan dunn and Paul walker). Really blows my mind they used air/oil cooled engines up until 1998 too. Seems to me like the cayman would make a better drivers car. But then again that was the idea behind the 928 and that basically turned out to be a failed expirement.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love 911's but I've always thought they've been so unconventional from an engineering perspective. Rear engine facing backwards in a 2+2 configuration. They've obviously had problems with oversteer and inexperienced drivers killing themselves in the past. (Even recently too, ryan dunn and Paul walker). Really blows my mind they used air/oil cooled engines up until 1998 too. Seems to me like the cayman would make a better drivers car. But then again that was the idea behind the 928 and that basically turned out to be a failed expirement.

Nope. Paul Walker died in a Carrera GT, which is not a rear engined car. Its mid mounted like the Cayman.

Though the Carrera GT is also known to want to kill you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info