I got a chance to drive something special

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The wife and I went to Louisiana to visit her friends and family last week. Her cousin is a bit of a car guy and used to have a 2012 5.0, but upgraded last month.

C1r8o3a.jpg

Cliffs: Best car I have ever driven, and I need one in gray.

He ended up with a Black on Black 09' Vette Z06. Only mod right now is a Borla cat back exhaust. I went for a ride with him for a little bit, which was a lot of fun, then he pulled over and asked if I wanted to drive it.....shiiiiiiiiit. Blasted around some back roads for a bit, and the car was by far the best thing I have ever driven in every aspect. I realize some people on here have nicer cars and have driven nicer, but this was quite the treat for me.

The shifter in that thing is so damn buttery, and the gearing is just tits for that motor's power band. I have never driven a car with that light of a clutch pedal feel either. All around just driving nirvana. The brakes are really good too. Braking as hard as possible produced a feeling like the front of my face was getting pulled forward...never felt what good brakes really are. The interior was pretty nice and comfortable. It was either a 2lz or 3lz interior. It fit like a glove and the seats really did a good job on keeping my ass planted in the seat. the view over that hood alone made me smile.

Dat 7.0L motor doe. The power that motor produces is just bonkers. It pulls so damn hard, and just keeping pulling. Triple digit speeds seemed like they came so quick. The sound that motor makes is just fantastic. I kept the car up in the rev band just to hear that sexiness!! Unreal sound from inside the car let alone listening to it from the outside. Even with the louder exhaust, the cab noise wasn't bad at all...definitely tolerable. Steering was very light and responsive. I wasn't used to that sensitive of steering before, so it took some getting used to.

I have heard several people say that Vettes ride like crap. Aside from going over sharp/bigger bumps, it rides really quite nice on the road. The ride quality was better than I expected on normal road surface, but I can see why people complain about the bumpier roads though. It sits so damn low and handles like it is on rails, so that was pretty expected. Cornering hard in the car was a lot of fun, it stayed so level, flat, and pulled pretty damn good g's on the street tires. HUD showed .95 on one turn he made.

I need one in my life. Probably won't mod my Mustang too much more other than smaller tinkering. Started saving for a C6 Z06 3 days ago.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I too love the C6Z and want one. It was so amazingly fun at Road America.

I bet that was a freaking blast around a road course!

Probably the only car I would get rid of mine for. Nice car!

With your current car, the trade in wouldn't be far off from some of the vettes I have been seeing. If I had a gt500, that would be a tough choice for me though.

Awesome Man, I bet that was fun!

It was too much fun. I didn't want to stop driving it lol.

I am going to save up and be smart all summer. This fall, there is going to be a serious evaluation and search for a gray or silver Z06 with the 3lz package and some other options if possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info