2015 Ram Rebel (Watered down Raptor fighter)

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Fucking in.

2015 Ram 1500 Rebel drops the crosshairs, muscles in with new snout

The Rebel (where have we heard that name before?) makes good use of Ram's air suspension system as an easy way to raise the ride height by an inch, which in turn affords inch-longer suspension travel and lends the truck a more formidable stance while helping clear the 33-inch (LT285/70R17E) Toyo Open Country A/T tires. Flares swiped from the 2500 Power Wagon keep the wider rubber mounted on Rebel-exclusive 17-inch wheels nicely – and legally – tucked in. Further off-road-minded modifications include a close-cropped steel front bumper that offers an improved arrival angle as well as 360-degree tow hooks and replaceable center skid plate. Out back, dual exhausts tuck up into the bumper and out of harm's way, but you might be too busy staring at the billboard-sized RAM tailgate lettering to notice.

00-2015-ram-1500-rebel-1.jpg

2015-ram-1500-rebel-2.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Cool looking truck with some semi useful upgrades from the factory. I dig it.

OEMs need to start making a larger factory aftermarket parts offering for their vehicles. I can't imagine there isn't a huge market for people wanting to mod their vehicles, have the dealer install parts, and retain a warranty. OEMs stand to make a ton of money this way too with way overpriced parts, dealerships through markup and labor, no?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Dodge tried that with the first Raptor fighter, the Ramrunner. It clogged up service bays and required additional training of techs so they dropped the option after 1 year. It was actually more extreme than the raptor. At the end of the day dealers are basically franchises and they want to make money. They would rather do brakes on a a toyota, chevy and ford than tie up the same guy to do 1 install. Plus you get one hack tech and it looks bad on the manufacturer and they don't want that. By offering it OEM they are able to hold it to their quality standards.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Dodge tried that with the first Raptor fighter, the Ramrunner. It clogged up service bays and required additional training of techs so they dropped the option after 1 year. It was actually more extreme than the raptor. At the end of the day dealers are basically franchises and they want to make money. They would rather do brakes on a a toyota, chevy and ford than tie up the same guy to do 1 install. Plus you get one hack tech and it looks bad on the manufacturer and they don't want that. By offering it OEM they are able to hold it to their quality standards.

The Ramrunner was actually a better baja truck but a shittier DD/all around baja truck compared to the Raptor. The only negative thing I heard about it was the transmission didn't know what gear it wanted to be in and was in the wrong gear a lot and hunted while beating on it.

This new rendition looks like shit however. I'll take the 2017 Raptor over this hunk of ABS molded body panels and modified Sport edition.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The Ramrunner was actually a better baja truck but a shittier DD/all around baja truck compared to the Raptor. The only negative thing I heard about it was the transmission didn't know what gear it wanted to be in and was in the wrong gear a lot and hunted while beating on it.

This new rendition looks like shit however. I'll take the 2017 Raptor over this hunk of ABS molded body panels and modified Sport edition.

Because ford nuthugger.....

(Looks at your ABS molded grill on you sig pic.) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

TL;DR, Ramrunner is much better for offroad but the Raptor is the all around awesome truck.
"Maybe I shouldn't say this knowing that the Ram Runner had the faster time, but if I had to pick one truck, the better overall performer, for both on- and off-road, I'd have to pick the Raptor."

Literally the answer of every review I've seen when these two were compared.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
OEMs need to start making a larger factory aftermarket parts offering for their vehicles. I can't imagine there isn't a huge market for people wanting to mod their vehicles, have the dealer install parts, and retain a warranty. OEMs stand to make a ton of money this way too with way overpriced parts, dealerships through markup and labor, no?

Harley-Davidson fucking OWNS at this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info