2015 Mustang GT - Hellion get 949rwhp from stock coyote. Video

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
The results were great, we were able to get 804 RWHP on 11.75 lbs of boost, and an incredible 949 RWHP on only 16.5 lbs!

This was all done through an automatic trans and stock engine. We were breathing through a FULL Bassani 2.5 inch exhaust, and fueling it with a JMS PowerMAX voltage booster.

We fully expect more power from the new Bassani 3 inch that will come out shortly.

As with our other systems, the boost can be put down to 6 psi or turned up way past what we showed here. We are very happy with the new coyote engine, and glad that it can handle some power!

Keep up with us as we get this kit into production. More updates to come!

Team Hellion

Hellion turbo 2015 gt.......949 rwhp!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pku3dLg-zZ4

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
That's almost as good a the couple year old 1100hp 4.8 ls :io:

And THATS almost as good as the stock 4v 4.6's making 1100+

NsurXjI.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
same enough.

IIRC the last gen coyote was not good for anything near 800rwhp let along 950. People were torching them in the mid 7's. Now factory stock new ones are making almost 1k rwhp and going 9's with simple boltons. Its a brave new world. It makes you think. You can get a fully loaded 15 Gt for $40k, and with another $4k or so you can run 9's with the cooled seats keeping your swamp ass in check as you wait in the staging lanes. Im in love.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know and love how aftermarket manufacturers always try to make it sound that easy though.... but it's really not- there's a lot going on behind the scenes there that doesn't get mentioned to make these rolling advertisements perform like they do.

I feel like no matter the platform, hitting 1k rwhp for only $4k will always have it's gremlins elsewhere even if the motor is stout enough

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I know and love how aftermarket manufacturers always try to make it sound that easy though.... but it's really not- there's a lot going on behind the scenes there that doesn't get mentioned to make these rolling advertisements perform like they do.

I feel like no matter the platform, hitting 1k rwhp for only $4k will always have it's gremlins elsewhere even if the motor is stout enough

Maybe. But it was never an option before. The last gen coyote was very limited to what it was capable of unless you went with the boss/road runner version.

The Bama car that just went 9's had lots of weight loss and a big shot of NOS. And yes I wouldnt do that to my future car, I would run a similar shot of NOS and run 10's all with the new premium interior and that nice auto. Its the option to be able to do this when the wick is turned up. Not a fan of NOS, then the new procharger kit for these with a D1 should get you to the high 700's and well into the 10's. In a modern car with an otherwise stock drivetrain. Like I said, Im in love.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
there has been other cheap methods to make 1k whp before but who knows how everything else would last.

I remember when terminator's were getting hellion kits and everyone was losing their mind because ZOMG IT'S SEW E-Z TO MAKE ONE KAY HORSEPOWAS WITH JUZT DEEZ TURBOZ.

i'm saying that that turbo kit alone on a 2015 mustang gt is not going to be the be-all end all to making this car run 9's every single day of it's life forever. shit's going to break at that level.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I've heard the new coyote engine is more stout, what exactly did they add?

-New cams with 1mm more intake lift and 2mm more lift on the exhaust side
-New cylinder heads with revised high-flow ports and slightly larger valves
-Mid-lock cam phasers to provide greater range of cam timing on the intake side
-A revised intake manifold with charge-motion control valves.
-The forged connecting rods from the current Boss 302 engine
-The forged balanced crank from the current Boss 302 engine
-Revised piston tops
-The valve springs from the current Boss 302 engine
-Standard oil cooler

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
IIRC the last gen coyote was not good for anything near 800rwhp let along 950. People were torching them in the mid 7's. Now factory stock new ones are making almost 1k rwhp and going 9's with simple boltons. Its a brave new world. It makes you think. You can get a fully loaded 15 Gt for $40k, and with another $4k or so you can run 9's with the cooled seats keeping your swamp ass in check as you wait in the staging lanes. Im in love.

also... did it say this kit will be $4k?

i'd bet closer to 7k+...

especially since the 2011-2014 kit is 7500 for the tuner version and 8500 complete.

2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Twin Turbo System - over 1,200 hp capable

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info