Sad there is no 2015 GT500? Well you have an option now...

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Fisker and Galpin turn a Mustang GT into the Rocket. 725hp and carbon fiber front end? hmmm

Blast Off
Henrik Fisker and Galpin Auto Sports launch an aggressive, powerful, and unique S550—the 2015 Mustang Rocket

By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Galpin Auto Sports

Since the launch of the 2015 Mustang, we have already seen an astounding number of variations on the S550 theme. From a wide variety of custom Mustang at The SEMA Show to the recent unveiling of the Shelby GT350, these cars have made it clear that the Mustang is still the car to customize. However, the wildest variation yet is born of the partnership of Henrik Fisker and Galpin Autosports. It’s called the Rocket.

The Rocket’s girthy body enhancements are crafted from hand-laid carbon fiber.
The Rocket’s girthy body enhancements are crafted from hand-laid carbon fiber.
Henrik is the man behind Fisker Automotive, builders of the Fisker Karma, and Galpin Auto Sports and GFMI Metalcrafters brought his take on the new Mustang to life. It features a unique fascia, hood, fender flares, and rear spoiler—all made from carbon fiber! Its scoops and vents are designed to improve cooling and reduce lift, while its splitter and rear spoiler are there to add downforce at high speeds.

“Mustang has been my favorite car for almost my entire life. I had the pleasure of working with Ford’s development team for the last few years, and I think they absolutely nailed it. So of course, I wanted to do something really special when the new Mustang came out,” Galpin’s President, Beau Boeckmann, said. “When Henrik showed me his ideas, I got chills—it’s literally the most beautiful Mustang I have ever seen. Considering it’s our top product for customizing and performance at GAS, it is a natural fit for us to try to make the performance stand out as much as the design does. Doing this project with my dear friend Henrik—who I consider one of the greatest designers of all time—is simply a dream come true!”

The more pronounced wing on the trunk lid lays out a nice background for the Rocket emblem. Your author is really digging the carbon-fiber accents.
The more pronounced wing on the trunk lid lays out a nice background for the Rocket emblem. Your author is really digging the carbon-fiber accents.
This car will also have the performance to back up its bold looks. A supercharged, 725-horsepower Coyote will launch the Rocket, and massive, 15-inch Brembo brakes will bring it in for a safe landing. The functional body work also serves to cool the rear brakes by ducting air from scoops on the fenders to the Brembos. In all, it looks to be a well-rounded package for someone that wants a unique Mustang.

Lots of red leather and carbon fiber on the inside give the Rocket’s cockpit the look of an exotic car
Lots of red leather and carbon fiber on the inside give the Rocket’s cockpit the look of an exotic car.
“It’s a special moment when you get to work on a car like the Ford Mustang. This is a project born out of passion, it’s a dream come true, to have the opportunity to ‘touch’ a Mustang and apply my design ideas to it,” Henrik said. “I love the ’60s American muscle cars. They are more sculptured, with more radical proportions and bold details than European counterparts. My favorite Mustang is the 1968 Shelby GT500 that had this long hood and huge air intakes; it gave me butterflies the first time I saw it. We wanted to recreate that feeling with this car.”

“Ford’s engineers and Moray Callum’s design team did an amazing job with the new Mustang,” he added. “So good in fact, I think the design additions and power upgrades we have made to the car help it play in a higher league, against much more expensive supercars!”

The cars begin production next month, and they should be available in the first quarter of 2015.You will be able to order one of these low-volume creations right from Galpin Ford or via a selection of hand-picked dealers across the globe.

News: 2015 Mustang Rocket | SVTPerformance

3-2015-Mustang-Rocket.jpg

1-2015-Mustang-Rocket.jpg

2-2015-Mustang-Rocket.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info