Bought a 99 Durango. Have questions

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
Finally got this thing started. The battery was dead as fuck and I finally bought a new one.

Anyway....

It doesn't move in any gear. Just free revs. Reverse lights do come on. Parking pawl makes some noise when I put it back in park, so I know it is engaging/disengaging park.

It moves pretty easily when I push it, so the brakes aren't locked up. Would the trans bring up any lights on the dash?

Oh, VIN tells me its a 5.2 Liter.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Does it have trans fluid...?

Is it filled to the correct level? What does it look/smell like? Have you dropped the trans pan or pulled the inspection shield off and taken a peak at the converter and if it has fluid in it?

Trans problems are like cancer, even if it is a serviceable component that has failed (say an accessible sensor), other damage to the trans may have already been caused by the failure.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
Is it filled to the correct level? What does it look/smell like? Have you dropped the trans pan or pulled the inspection shield off and taken a peak at the converter and if it has fluid in it?

Trans problems are like cancer, even if it is a serviceable component that has failed (say an accessible sensor), other damage to the trans may have already been caused by the failure.

Fluid looked clean. Didn't feel like it had anything in it. I have not dropped the pan or looked at the converter.

I'm about to get shit on with snow (Northern New York), so I'll do that next week or the week after.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info