E-Fan Conversion recommendations

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Cousin is going to be throwing in a new motor into his '01 Silverado 1500 HD in the coming months, and figured he'd do an E-Fan conversion, while were in there.

He sent me this kit, but seems expensive for what it is, and looks like it doesn't truly integrate with the harness and ECU?

Flex-a-lite 282 Flex-a-lite Full Size 15'' Dual Truck Fans - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

I know there are quite a few GM guys on here that have done E-Fan conversions, what's the go-to kit or go-to process?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
He's also not going to be towing shit in the south, which seems to be a concensus among the HD towing guys. He lives up in the UP and drives to Nebraska a lot. He really should be looking for something that gets better mileage reliably.

Right now, with the motor blown on his truck, he's using my old Volvo S70, which he blew up AWD output shaft, and is running it FWD only. Personally, I think he should be finding something that is reliable that gets good mileage, and not trying to fix his 250K mile truck, that'll be getting him 13 MPG at best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info