paint match

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
How close should work performed match factory paint?

The hood on my dart was fucked and they replaced and repainted but now it looks like shit. Due to me being late for work and them not having my car ready I didn't get as thorough as inspection as I would have liked but was told if I had any issue to take it back to them. Insurance told me its between me and the shop as I was given the choice of shop. Am i going to get boned and get the "we can't match factory paint"?

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
10609571_10152412012395095_6864308962346567598_n.jpg

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
That's panel painting for you, take it back and bitch, also seems like wrong hue of red

Yep, they painted the hood a bit darker than it should have been and blended it to the fenders. I was tempted to tell them to paint the hood black and leave the paint alone but didn't want to cause issues.

aggravating as hell as they had my car for 15 days fixing it.

So the dart has been in some shop for over 50 days this year and we were going to trade it in

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
are front bumpers typically blended for hood jobs? but it's going to be hard to get passed through ins

i think it needs to be here, but it isn't typical...

[MENTION=98]smug[/MENTION] your thoughts...

No you wouldn't normally, but In this case I would think you might because of how high the bumper comes up
- they just mixed the wrong color.

Take it back. It's the wrong color and no don't blend the bumper.

You have to now... It doesn't even match the newly blended fenders :rofl: it really looks like they put on a new front bumper from a donor car, not painted the hood

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
No you wouldn't normally, but In this case I would think you might because of how high the bumper comes up
- they just mixed the wrong color.

You have to now... It doesn't even match the newly blended fenders :rofl: it really looks like they put on a new front bumper from a donor car, not painted the hood

I wish I just told the guy to paint the hood black so it wouldn't have gotten fucked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info