Rusty rust rust..

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
These are UMI Ploy/Rod LCA's. bought them in early 2005 when the car had about 18K on it. the car now has 150K. I was going replace the Rod ends as I have been doing every 2 years but this time the rot has gotten to the LCA's bad! Last time I had these off the power coast was still mostly intact. This time as I was handling them the powder coat was falling off in huge chunks.

image_12.jpg

The one spot of Powder coat left..
image_13.jpg

I think its time to pick up some new LCA's and I can't even get the bolt out it on the rod end side of the panhard bar so I have a feeling I'll be cutting it out. Got to love rust when you have a real daily driver racecar.. lol.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Held up pretty good for for almost ten years

Yeah they did hold up quite well. I had a set of BMR LCA's on my old 1995 Camaro and they looked like this after 4 years.

fuck slim lemme git em

i could use em on the wagn

I'm keeping them. After looking them over they are still structurally sound thre is just lots of surface rust. I'm going to Por15 them and replace the rod ends and bushings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info