Got raped by an EVO last night...

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Whoever is doing the honking is cheating a bit to get the jump . Should be nice consistent beeps . :io:

I hear ya...normally its go on the 3rd honk-which is what I always try to do..but not everyone plays nice..so you gotta do whatcha gotta do to even the odds..:werd:

My younger brother who was doing the commentary has raced him before and knows when he 'hits it'...hence he was giving me the heads up..:)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Seems like you may benefit from a gear in the car as well? You were still revving out the gear you started in and the evo was about to change for the second time.

Could have just been the power difference though. I'll admit I do not know much about e85 racing wise

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Ive got a 6 speed...believe it or not, I've got a shorter final drive...at least whatever was offered. The EVO's also have short ratio geared trans on top of that...The platform doesn't have the luxury of aftermarket parts like the domestic stangs/vettes/fbodies..

Yea sometimes we (f-body) people take the ease gear swaps for granted and availability of parts. But yea like what was said above the MR vs normal makes a difference. I think the MR is a 6 speed as well?

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Sounds like one of you guys were getting some compressor surge when you were brake boosting....Good runs either way!

oh and whats FPRed? :dunno:

FP (forced performance) is a company that makes "stock frame" turbos. they essentially make 3 sizes that are denoted by color. green red and black (black being the largest). The red has a 55mm compressor wheel. they are good to mid-low 500s to the wheels on a properly setup car.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Yep...it was the EVO...

Also gotta keep in mind im about 350-400lbs heavier than the EVO as well...Just weighed my car a few weeks ago..came in at 3940 with a full tank of gas and me. Without me and only a 1/4 tank of gas the car comes in at 3660. EVO's are right around 33XX generally...

I'm not a fata$$...my car's got a 19.8 gallon fuel tank *itches...:D

I've got a few items on the list to drop the weight as well...definitely not proud about the 3660 curb weight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info