2015 Chrysler 200--A great car that won't sell

Dragonkat

Car Life: It's what we do...24/7
Aug 17, 2012
Kenosha
Well yesterday I had a chance to test drive the new 2015-200
and it's a really nice car that people who love to drive, will love to drive. The new 200 looks like a luxury car on the outside and it feels like a luxury car on the inside. Best of all, the new 200 has the power and performance that you wouldn't expect from a modern midsized sedan

now to why it won't sell...two words: Dodge Dart

the problem is that since the cars are very close to each other
for the money...it's makes better sense to buy a Dart Limited or GT then to buy a base or mid-trim 200 since you would get many of the same features for less cost...a fully load dart push's 23k, 200 starts at 21K mid-trim at about 27K

A wise buyer would avoid the 200's lower trims and look only at the sporty 200S or the top-line 200C with the AWD...but that's pushing 40K with all options added.

the 2015 is wayyyyyy better car than my current 200S, & the new 3.6L with the 9-speed is a joy to drive....but unless your looking for midsized sedan with 300HP for Honda/Mazda killing and not has a DD, a fully-loaded Dodge Dart is a better buy

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
Dodge dart.
Dodge joke would've been better. The last three months have been hell.

dealer replaced trans due to a bad ground (28 days)
dealer had to reinstall intake because previous dealer fucked it (7 days)
Gps speedo error dealer took 4 days to reset the gps which I could've done myself (4 days)
so I go to a third dealer for an oil change and they overfill with the wrong weight and charge me for their fuck up (2 hours)

Wooohooo what else can they fuck up? Seems like the dealers don't understand thr dart... damn fiat technology.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
darts arent selling either....

because the opposite problem was going on... the old 200 was cheaper than a new Dart... I think both cars will sell much better now that the price is a more spaced out...

Dodge dart.

Gps speedo error dealer took 4 days to reset the gps which I could've done myself (4 days)
so I go to a third dealer for an oil change and they overfill with the wrong weight and charge me for their fuck up (2 hours)

Wooohooo what else can they fuck up? Seems like the dealers don't understand thr dart... damn fiat technology.

all of these problems were dealer caused (except initial trans problem maybe) am I wrong? dealers give the car a bad name... not the car!

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Dodge dart.

I wouldn't necessarily shit on the car for obvious dealer error on just about all of those...

My BIL has a white Rallye and has had zero problems with it in the year he's had it

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
I wouldn't necessarily shit on the car for obvious dealer error on just about all of those...

My BIL has a white Rallye and has had zero problems with it in the year he's had it

The trans is a huge issue for me. Reading into it some people have had "clutch damage" and it's not covered under warranty is what I read if correct. If it's true the person was out the 2k to replace the clutch in the ddct... so if my issue had been discovered that a ground caused the issue they probably would have charged me to replace the clutch and only replaced the wiring. So now I have zip ties in the engine bay... wooohooo.

But looking back and trying to see from an exterior perspective chrysler just didn't inform their techs enough, which was clearly apparent when the service tech "man they use this same transmission in lamborghini idk how you have problems."

The features and comforts are great on the car. The performance is mediocre with the power being the biggest Iissue. If I had to buy again, I wouldn't but the dart. I would have given the Ford focus a shot and that says a lot as I've taken the stance of fuck fords fords fucking suck for the majority of my time interested in cars.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Well yesterday I had a chance to test drive the new 2015-200
and it's a really nice car that people who love to drive, will love to drive. The new 200 looks like a luxury car on the outside and it feels like a luxury car on the inside. Best of all, the new 200 has the power and performance that you wouldn't expect from a modern midsized sedan

now to why it won't sell...two words: Dodge Dart

the problem is that since the cars are very close to each other
for the money...it's makes better sense to buy a Dart Limited or GT then to buy a base or mid-trim 200 since you would get many of the same features for less cost...a fully load dart push's 23k, 200 starts at 21K mid-trim at about 27K

A wise buyer would avoid the 200's lower trims and look only at the sporty 200S or the top-line 200C with the AWD...but that's pushing 40K with all options added.

the 2015 is wayyyyyy better car than my current 200S, & the new 3.6L with the 9-speed is a joy to drive....but unless your looking for midsized sedan with 300HP for Honda/Mazda killing and not has a DD, a fully-loaded Dodge Dart is a better buy

The wife and I were looking at the 2013 Chrysler 200. I like it a lot, but one thing caught my eye. The feel of the brakes when pressing the pedal. It felt a little rough. Like a slight grind. The car had 9000 miles on it. Didnt think much of it until I did a little home work. A lot of people were complaining how the brake pedal felt. I think I understood what they were saying after that.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The wife and I were looking at the 2013 Chrysler 200. I like it a lot, but one thing caught my eye. The feel of the brakes when pressing the pedal. It felt a little rough. Like a slight grind. The car had 9000 miles on it. Didnt think much of it until I did a little home work. A lot of people were complaining how the brake pedal felt. I think I understood what they were saying after that.

Rotors were probably covered in Rust from sitting all winter without anyone wanting to test drive it :bowrofl:

Id rather not buy ANY dodge.

Reason? What do you drive thats so much better than a dodge? I have a 2011 Challenger rt that is my three season DD and I love it. Wife has a 2014 Jeep Grand cherokee overland and it is an awesome vehicle. I also love the 300SRTcore. I would purchase the dodge pickup v6diesel WAY before I bought a ecoshitmileage Ford pickup.

The dart is overpriced, well styled, and still not sorted out yet from the launch...trans issues,etc. That and the old style 200 incentives are really not helping sales. Well along with the new maybe still in recovery economy.

Your brand hatred is :dunno:

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Reason? What do you drive thats so much better than a dodge? I have a 2011 Challenger rt that is my three season DD and I love it. Wife has a 2014 Jeep Grand cherokee overland and it is an awesome vehicle. I also love the 300SRTcore. I would purchase the dodge pickup v6diesel WAY before I bought a ecoshitmileage Ford pickup.

The dart is overpriced, well styled, and still not sorted out yet from the launch...trans issues,etc. That and the old style 200 incentives are really not helping sales. Well along with the new maybe still in recovery economy.

Your brand hatred is :dunno:

I own an older model (99-04) Grand Cherokee, and it is a pretty big POS. Really good in snow and ice though so that's why i got it. Granted I'm sure the newer vehicles have come a long way, i've driven some of them like the Dart, Charger, Challenger, etc. They just arn't worth the money. Lack power and are heavy.

Quality wise, i'd put my older 03 Cobra up against your almost decade newer challenger is every category minus comfort and gadgets. My brother in law has a '13 challenger, and it's a nice vehicle, but I'd much rather have my 10 year older car.

If i did own a another Dodge, it would be a SRT Jeep or Challenger, and again, they are nowhere near the huge price tags those carry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info