Weld Wheel spacer question for F-Body

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So I just picked up a set of weld wheels and tires from a buddy of mine who has an F-body as well. I believe they are the prostar wheels? They are the ones that require a spacer in the front and some grinding of the caliper in the rear to fit. I currently do not have any spacers on the car as of now.

Question is where do you guys usually go for spacer fitments? Whether it is online or somewhere here local in chicago. I would like to get these wheels fitted before summer, so all I have to do is swap the rims and tires for any track days. And also if anyone knows what spacer may be required to get these to fit. Much appreciated

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
why not look up what size spacer you need for an F-Body with prostars in the backspacing you have? Then order on the internet where the prices are reasonable.

It isn't like you are the first person to put prostars on an F-Body.

I have been trying but it seems there are a few different options, and since I bought these used I do not have the original size that was ordered. From what I am seeing now a 5/16 back space in the front is what people have run. I could start there and see how it works. I bet winners circle would have them in stock

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
why not look up what size spacer you need for an F-Body with prostars in the backspacing you have? Then order on the internet where the prices are reasonable.

It isn't like you are the first person to put prostars on an F-Body.

Agreed. The front spacer size is really common. I think its a 5/16" spacer. I've ran them before on my car when I had drag lites on it.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Agreed. The front spacer size is really common. I think its a 5/16" spacer. I've ran them before on my car when I had drag lites on it.

I have seen that more than once as well eagle for the 5/16 for a few different wheels. I will stop by winners circle and grab the spacers for the front. I do not have the extended studs however so I will see how much that inpacts me

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
So I just picked up a set of weld wheels and tires from a buddy of mine who has an F-body as well. I believe they are the prostar wheels? They are the ones that require a spacer in the front and some grinding of the caliper in the rear to fit. I currently do not have any spacers on the car as of now.

Why wouldn't your buddy tell you what wheels they were? and what spacer he used?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
Your car does not need wheels or tires like this. you can stay out of this thread before you hurt yourself

The wheels I'm running.

20140307_131959.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Why wouldn't your buddy tell you what wheels they were? and what spacer he used?

Because he was not the original owner of the car or I would have. I am not as stupid as you. He did not know the size either. Only what is on the tires. He did not have any back space info. The car is in florida and the rims are up here. No way to look at the spacers as he is not running the wheels anymore

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I have some billet specialties spacers that I haven't used if your interested. They should work just fine. Instead of using them I just hit the front calipers with a grinder.

I would be interested. What size are the spacers? I know I have to grind the rear calipers and I am not to happy about it, but I got this drag setup for next to nothing so I cant complain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info