Body lift

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Basically this is how my truck sits at the present time.

This is how I want it to look when I'm done.

The only difference is I will go one size tire smaller. Those are 315 in the pic and look to big to me. So I'm going 305. Alpha 4x4 is installing my rancho kit when it arrives. I'm open to feedback wether good or bad.

Light between the frame and body just looks silly.

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
Is the rubbing issue height or width? Where would you have to trim?

What's the full tire specs? The numbers you're saying are the tread width, what's the aspect ratio and rim diameter?

It rubs on the front bumper cause of tire height. Then rubs body mount with width. The lift kit purchased recommends running a 265/70/17. Which is my size tires in the truck now. Basically a 31" tire. I can go to a 285/70/17 but need to trim to avoid rubbing on the bumper. A 285 is basically a 33" tire. I want to run a 305/70/17, which is a 35" tire. So I need the body lift still plus 3" shackles and adjust the torsion bars.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Don't get caught at a safety inspection with that body lift in sure they'll make some excuse up to tow it. I've always thought they were illegal but from what I just looked up I think 3 inch is Max.

The only time they are illegal or bad idea is when some mullet head hillbilly drills some holes in a bunch of hockey pucks for spacers and then uses whatever random size bolt/nut combo - if you get a good quality body lift with all the correct brackets and use grade 8 hardware you will have no problem

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info