Adding heated seats, who's done it?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I was actually looking into this for my truck. So I'm interested in other responses.

These are the ones I was looking at.

Champion? Seat Systems | Seat Heaters, Seat Cooling, Massage Seats, Heated Seats | Vehicle Seat Comfort

So far these seem promising:

Car, Truck and SUV Automotive Carbon Fiber Seat Heaters by Rostra

Pad size is great, I like the built in thermostats to regulate heat, seems pretty quality, although most have a cheesy switch it seems. Next trim grade up from her car came with heated seats, mirrors, auto wipers, HIDs, etc so I could always get the factory switches and tie it in. Not for the back seat though.

I know I need to disassemble her seats to see what I am getting into. The way the stock foam/cloth is setup might not allow this, and the passenger seat could have weight/occupancy sensor issues.

Anyone else have any feedback?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I helped a friend do this before. I have never done it on my own. I can sat, the bottom part of the seat is easy. Just take the cover off and insert the pad, then run your wires. The back can be a pain. you have to use something to hold it in place so it will not move. Or everytime you try to get the cover back on it will fall out of place..

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
The back can be a pain. you have to use something to hold it in place so it will not move. Or everytime you try to get the cover back on it will fall out of place..

All the ones I have seen so far have an adhesive back so this shouldn't be an issue. I only want to do this once so a quality kit is worth the money to me, but there's not much feedback on all the different brands. Most I have seen involve the Dorman brand, which is a pretty basic, inexpensive setup.

Getting requests to do the 3rd row now, but the way it folds seems like more of a pita than it's worth. Maybe I should skip the second row and do the 3rd row, so the kids fight over who gets to sit in the way back in the winter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list