Need a shop for Brakes/Susp work on Excursion

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Hello
I bought a 6.0L last year to try out diesel for my occasionally towing and part time daily driver. I took it to Hawk Ford to trouble shoot some cold start issues and could tell I was wasting my time so I did a search and found a powerstroke shop in WI (High Velocity Diesel Performance) who took the engine out and replaced everything (too many) that wasn't right and now the engine/trans runs like a top but I need some other preventive/scheduled maintenance on this high miled chassis that I don't want to mess with the dealership nor want to drive way out to Janesville if I can avoid it. Here is a list of want I wanted done:
1. Power steering fluid flushed
2. Both diffs & transfer case fluid changed
3. Install new shocks (Bilsteins?)
4. Install new pads and possibly rebuilt calipers and new rotors and maybe hoses)
5. The 4x4 only works through the manual locking hubs and was told there are vacuum seals in the front suspension and want my fixed/rebuilt so I can use the vacuum operated auto hub function.
6. Find out why their is a click/knock noise in right rear when going over road bumps (shocks?)

Any suggestions on a shop (or mechanic) that is knowledgeable and reasonable. I would even use a pro who works out of his home or mines if he has a solid reputation.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• rowekmr
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list