Buddy needs to pass emissions

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
FYI emissions in IL just got a helluva lot more stringent in the past few months. If your car fails readiness on anything, they WILL fail you now. My VW has a tune that causes the secondary O2 to fail readiness, had to go thru hell to remedy that...

That being said, I don't think the OP's friend has top many real options besides fix the car or trade it in.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
FYI emissions in IL just got a helluva lot more stringent in the past few months. If your car fails readiness on anything, they WILL fail you now. My VW has a tune that causes the secondary O2 to fail readiness, had to go thru hell to remedy that...

That being said, I don't think the OP's friend has top many real options besides fix the car or trade it in.

Damn. That sucks.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
Yeah that does suck, [MENTION=9622]Vostok[/MENTION] had to go back to stock tune on his marauder to pass. I think it's pretty stupid that they can make a "new rule" that applies to old cars. I'm paranoid of the day they try making people ADD emissions controlling shit to their cars. Hope it never happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info