2005 Sratus no Crank

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
I don't know if this is the right spot for this post but I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on this POS car.

Its a 2005 Stratus with 2.4 DOHC and it wont start at all, it actually won't even crank or make a click. Here is what I have done so far

-Tried jump starting
-Turned the headlights on and cranked, no dimming of the headlights
-Tried the old trick of hitting the starter with a hammer
-Switched around the starter and fuel pump relay, they don't even appear to be getting power as they don't "click" when we try to start it.
-Tried to put the vehicle in neutral (automatic) to test the neutral safety switch)
-Looked at all fuses under the hood it appears to be okay
-There is power going to the fuse box as I can pull out one fuse and it kills power to the cabin
-Fuel Pump doesn't appear to be "priming" when the key is first turned on.

Anybody have any other tests?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Problem number 1: Chrysler.

Def Agree, but its not mine I am just helping out the girlfriends brother.

take starter out and bench test it

Could I just use a multi-meter to see if its getting power?

First guess would be the ignition switch. Second would be a fusable link. Do the headlights turn on?

The headlights do turn on, as well as the dash lights as if it were going to start..

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
sounds like a ignition switch if it doesn't crank, click, etc. and the headlights work - maybe park/neutral switch? - try starting in neutral!

I already tried starting in neutral, no change at all.

I am going to check the ASD relay/fuse tonight. If its not getting power I am going to assume its the ignition switch. I wonder how hard its going to be to get in there :pedobear:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info