Battery warranty/core questions

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have a battery I bought in the spring for my waverunner. When I removed it for the winter I noticed the acid level in some of the cells wasn't up to the line. Can I exchange this for a new one since its less than a year old? Will they refill it? Its labeled as a maintenance free IIRC so I shouldn't have to monitor acid levels.

I also have like 3 big marine battery. Can I turn these into a parts store and get a core $ for them?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
call the place you got it from and tell them its defective and you want a new one.

the marine batteries, no you cant just get core money for them without buying something that charges you a core. most scrap yards are about $0.25/lb on batteries now.. thats your best bet.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Are you sure it's not the water level you're looking at? On most lead acid batteries there is a layer of water above the acid.

Just get some distilled water and fill the cells by hand.

Well whatever is inside of it some cells are not at the same level.

parts store will dispose of them for you but you wont get money... as for the waver runner since it is a 1yr old and "flauty" (say it is tricky starting) they should swap that one...

core wise.. i know some junk yards pay 8-12 for them FYI

You still at Lee Autoparts in Schaumburg?

I just don't want to goto Sears and have them "Test" the battery and say its perfectly fine.

Could the movement of the waverunner cause some acid to spill out into other cells?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info