Reid's 1000HP Supra Blows Motor During Burnout

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Imagine that feeling seconds after that happened. Sucks man. Time for more power.

Started my car after 18 hours of installing it for my first build to find out I torqued the heads wrong (5 years ago now). Engine started great, I blipped the throttle and it hydrolocked on coolant and stopped dead. I slept for 14 hours and drank a lot before I ripped her back apart. That at least was my mistake though. Has to be even worse when it is out of your hands.

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
damn man...you need a couple 4 leaf clovers.

No kidding. My Irish side isn't doing it's job.

Any idea on what caused it? Defective part or stock main caps or something?

No they were billet main caps. The rod broke in half but not sure of the cause yet.

... i have to ask, what was it that appeared to fall out of the car onto the ground at the end of the vid?

The engine locking up caused the boost pressure to skyrocket. It blew off my IC pipe (which I then ran over) and it ripped off my bumper and tore up my CF lip pretty good.

From the comments on YouTube...

Broke a Carrillo rod in half.

That's what I can see so far through my block's new viewing window.

Imagine that feeling seconds after that happened. Sucks man. Time for more power.

Yeah it wasn't fun. There's no more power to be had. The setup was perfect.

Started my car after 18 hours of installing it for my first build to find out I torqued the heads wrong (5 years ago now). Engine started great, I blipped the throttle and it hydrolocked on coolant and stopped dead. I slept for 14 hours and drank a lot before I ripped her back apart. That at least was my mistake though. Has to be even worse when it is out of your hands.

Ugh that sucks too. I hope it isn't something that's my fault. I'm tired of blaming myself for shit happening to this car!

Reid didn't you just get the car back together? :tear:

Yeah I did. Mucho problemos.

well thats really really not good.

Sucks....

Good lord. That SUCKS! :thumbdown:

that is no bueno

been there, sucks balls :(

Sure does. I hate the feeling!

holy fucking worst sound ever.

Sorry for your loss man... that's super shitty.

God damn! :eek3: Sucks to hear man.

Weak Man, sorry to read.
GL getting it fixed

Thanks everyone. I will get the carnage pics together once it's apart. I started tearing the motor out last night.

Reid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info