Finally went E85 - numbers within.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Still bone stock - but with a more minty fresh exhaust smell.

THE NUMBERS are in

Stock: 384.41 HP / 381.03 TQ

E85 Tune: 416.92 HP / 401.20 TQ

Briangs_zps4bb64f95.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gu3AMcQ-XM&feature

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
though the car had been tuned for the baseline on 93, correct?

negatory good buddy. That is factory car with factory tune for the baseline numbers. Granted I only ran 93 in it, it was never tuned for it tho. Car sits actually worse than when it came stock. I had switched out the npp dual mode exhaust for a set of regular stock mufflers because I was selling it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm sure people just want to see if its the switch from 93 is really worth it.

Probably not unless you have lots of E85 stations close, but I do. And I knew it would ramp up the gains as the mods piled up too, so I might as well switch now. Once the headers, cam, cai and real exhaust go on, it should be a much bigger margin over a 93 tune at that level.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Probably not unless you have lots of E85 stations close, but I do. And I knew it would ramp up the gains as the mods piled up too, so I might as well switch now. Once the headers, cam, cai and real exhaust go on, it should be a much bigger margin over a 93 tune at that level.

Ya, I was editing my post as your replied. If you have E85 close by, this seems like a no brainer.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Bingo. 30whp is a pretty damn good gain. The differences between a tuned 93 octane and tuned e85 would be much more narrow in gains. As long as your happy that all that matters.

I havent driven it yet so we will see. But there are other maybe small advantages but they are there.

No more cleaning the exhaust tips - burns clean as shit
others have said the power band and idle is much smoother and cleaner
more frequent oil changes - this is an advantage only because I over change anyway and now I have a valid reason to do so.....
over a dollar cheaper per gallon, and two weeks ago it was $1.40 cheaper a gallon when 93 was $4.85 up here in mchenry
look cool at the E85 pump - bauce. Im sure people will be asking if I know Im pumping E85 into my car not gas.

These are stupid things that really have no bearing on anything, but I have heard all them from people that already did this. lol

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm on tapatalk so I'm unable to see your sig, but is your car only N/A?

I'm just curious, I always thought you would only get a good increase on E85 with boost only.

Yeah car is N/A. Made good gains anyway from stock. Im sure I will be able to feel a consistent 25-30 hp gain through the whole entire rev range. That chart really tells the tail too on the stock tune. It was choppy as shit even on 93. No more.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Gas mileage updates are mandatory.

Yeah. I wouldnt expect too much in regards to that.... I drive this car like a racecar. My stock average was like 18ish. Im sure it will be down with all this new power, but Ill try to keep track.
[MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] you and me need to run now. Any run you want. Say a 90-180 roll??? lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info