A/C Pro - anyone try it?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I bought the manifold gauge set a few years ago so that I could charge my A/C for all of my cars, as well as anyone else's that needs it. The set was on sale for about $40 so I figured why not. It's better to not be flying blind without the proper gauges, or just filling the system with extra compounds that it doesn't need. I still need to get off of my ass and buy the vacuum pump so I can pull proper vacuum hold tests though. Eventually....

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
tumblr_mklvmjr5dt1qzlxego1_500.gif

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Before you buy it, Make sure your A/C compressor is working.

To find out if its working turn on your car and ac and put it on the highest setting.

and if the center of the compressor is spinning then its working and you could go ahead and buy that! lol

If the center is not spinning, Its becouse it has none of that a/c freeon or w.e .

so the cars computer wont turn on the compressor because it can burn out, since the freeon lubricates it.

and in order to put the A/C pro on your car, Your a/c compressor needs to be spinning,

To make it spin

you need to take out the A/C relay. and put a paper clip in its place.

then turn on the car and a/c and the center of compressor should be spinning. then you take out the low side of the a/c service cap and plug that A/C pro can and when your done.

put the A/C relay back on. and the compressors should be working fine and your a/c will be blowing cold!!!

lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info