AV plates and city sticker? (Chicago)

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
Because I'm not the brightest guy in the world, I'm looking at another car/toy/hot rod. (Dumping money into my Camaro simply isn't enough. :ugh:)

If I do end up purchasing this new project it will actually qualify for AV plates. That being said, and that I live in the city, what type of city sticker is required for an antique vehicle? Anybody know? I called the currency exchange and they said it can be purchased via the city clerk's office but were unsure of the cost. Thanks!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's the same sticker. Also, the rules say you cannot drive the vehicle unless traveling to and from a show or repair shop. They have extended use AV plates that allow it to be driven without restrictions between I think April-November.

Yaaa... I have never once heard of people getting hassled for any of this though. All of my dad's cars that can have these plates do... Most notably the 71 gmc pickup which we use all the time to just move stuff or drive like a normal car... I know the law is quite specific but never have I seen anything.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yaaa... I have never once heard of people getting hassled for any of this though. All of my dad's cars that can have these plates do... Most notably the 71 gmc pickup which we use all the time to just move stuff or drive like a normal car... I know the law is quite specific but never have I seen anything.

I used to do the same thing with my Buick and Pontiac but since they came out with the extended use plates I didn't want to risk it. They're also different looking.

Oh and were out in the sticks, this dude is in the city where they ticket for legal tints remember? :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I used to do the same thing with my Buick and Pontiac but since they came out with the extended use plates I didn't want to risk it. They're also different looking.

Oh and were out in the sticks, this dude is in the city where they ticket for legal tints remember? :rofl:

Very true. Very true.

I have on occasion taken the 71 gmc down 53 to Schaumburg to ikea :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info