I give up... Where is/was my factory amplifier? 99 Expedition

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have a 1999 Expedition with the 'premium' audio (Not the MACH system).

It had a janky stereo install, and the factory amp was by-passed by whoever did the install by running wires straight to the speakers.

I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out where the factory amp or harness is on this goddamned thing, a few articles say it is/was in the base of the console or behind the climate control, and I'm not seeing it anywhere, or even a harness that it would have gone to.

Googled it to no luck, and have been trolling the Expy forums to no avail.

I've corrected the wiring in the front doors back to the OEM wires, and can tell there is a disconnect, or an amp still in place because I'm not getting a buzz at the speakers when giving power to the speaker wires at the dash harness. I have to assume that is because of the presence of a stock amplifier and/or the stock amp was already removed and there is a harness just floating around somewhere that I'm not seeing.

Help please? :hs:

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
iirc The factory amp in the Ford Expedition is located just a little bit below the factory radio. As soon as the factory radio is removed look down into the dash and you will see a silver box which just happens to be the factory amplifier. If not, it is behind the passenger rear panel above and back from the wheel well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list